Playstation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Don Vito, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

games will likely be the same price, but it's the peripherals that will go up in cost. Especially considering PS3 controllers will not be functional with PS4s, they will probably not be cheap, given all that gimmicky touch screen stuff. we will have to wait and see

also, dragons

2. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games

PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games - IGN

so for trophy whores such as me, all my hard work would be lost? thats bullshit! i dont care for those online games not being transferred. sure, its a cash grab for sony, but whatever. i care more for my ps3 trophies not going forward into ps4....

3. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Since I already own a PS3 it's really of no consequence to me. It just means ill have blue ray/online tv players in 2 rooms instead of one.

I would be a minor convenience to have backwars comp, but it won't matter hugely to me.

4. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

If the biggest problem with your day is that some virtual "trophies" are no longer showing up, I think you're having a pretty good day. :rofl: Stuff like that is of no consequence to the vast majority of gamers or else they would have really worried about making sure it ported to the PS4. :lol:

Personally I'd rather see them focus on stuff like streamlining the running processes and minimizing loading time and it seems like that's what they decided to do, so I can't say I'm too upset with their decisions so far. :shrug: Some people get hung up over the silliest things these days! :lol:

5. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

Eh. I only have two games for PS3: FF13, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

So long as it's still a Blu-Ray player, Idgaf about BC. I have a 60GB PS3 that I need to replace the drive in, so if it gets to be an actual problem, then I can just fix it, and have something that plays all the games.

6. FoxZero

FoxZero Zero Imperfections

So are they doing what Xbox 360 did with third party controllers? :(

I use my PS3 solely for fighting games and it was easy to build an arcade stick out of a PS1 controller, but on the Xbox 360 it's more effort so I passed on that console. Since fighters are making a comeback on PC I might pass the next generation.

7. Choop

Choop n______n

Really hope this isn't the case either...I'm mostly attracted to the new consoles due to getting more into fighting games lately. I have a fightstick for 360 that I use on the PC, but I also was going to want to get one for ps3 possibly for my ps3 at my other home (that I'll probably eventually adopt). I'd hope that since it's a usb peripheral and fightsticks are unlikely to change, that a ps3 stick would be compatible. HOPE. -.-

It'd be nice if more fighters were released on PC. I play SF4:AE on pc but there aren't many others really, at least none that have a large community. It's fun to mess around on mugen though! :D

8. Chris_H87

Chris_H87 Gear Whore

Ok, so I just pre-ordered one. The wait begins!

9. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Hah, this is great. :lol:

nojyeloot likes this.
  10. yellow

yellow Banned

well just saw the ps4 specs, and just like I said: AMD is the best, and better than intel contrary to your disagreement, otherwise it wouldn't be used.

11. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

That is your opinion, but it's not shared by roughly 9/10 of general power users, including many, many experts on the matter.

For example, Tom's Hardware posts a "best gaming CPU for the money" which they update every month. AMD only managed to win out over Intel in the very cheapest bracket. Aside from that, it was Intel all the way.

Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: February 2013 : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money, February Updates

There's a whole host of reasons why Sony might have picked AMD over Intel. Knowing that the PS4 isn't aiming for hardware superiority like they were with the PS3 means they may have picked something that was simply "good enough." AMD may have simply offered them a better price than Intel. That's generally the deciding factor.

12. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

I think way too much emphasis is being put on the hardware itself. very few PC games look that good on 5-6 year old hardware. Also, the first generation of games barely scratch the surface of what the long term capability of the system (compare release titles like MGS4 to something like The Last of Us)
    I think for mass production, these companies have needed to balance value with processing power, and I'm guessing in this case, AMD won out. And I'm pretty sure even before Feb. 20th, Sony insiders stressed that hardware won't be the focus of the console but how the features are utilized (cop out? maybe) but we'll have to wait and see.

13. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I drink Kroger milk and therefore it is the best. After all if it wasn't I wouldn't drink it. :lol:

In mass production component price is a huge factor and Sony isn't exactly known for 'high quality' anyhow (or at least not IMO). If something is mass produced it is absolutely not going to have the 'best' parts in it, just the nature of the system. Cost over quality. Not that it really matters at all...

14. Pav

Pav ???

AMD was willing to hook Sony up more than Intel. Quality doesn't mean jack shit, it's about who was able to keep them supplied at what cost.

15. Robtheripper

Robtheripper SS.org Regular

Doesnt matter anyway. Nvidia will release the latest cards when the Ps4 hits and it still wont matter. Although Im interested in seeing microsoft's console compares when it get's released

16. yellow

yellow Banned

that's what im taklin about: NVIDIA 3D VISION 2...all that matters to me

17. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Maybe the PS4 is when they'll finally do the Final Fantasy VII remake...?

... Fuck it, it's never happening :(

18. SpaseMoonkey

SpaseMoonkey SS.org Regular

Square Enix CEO, Yoichi Wada, detailed the specific conditions needed for him to allow the production of a remastered FF7. Square will only make a Final Fantasy 7 remake once they've made a FF game that has surpassed the quality of the original Final Fantasy 7.

Such a sad story to re-read. Unfortunately the FF series has been long dead in my heart. I grew up on FF4/6. Loved them games so much.

But who knows maybe Square will drop out a new game that brings that style of game play back. I doubt this tho, as it just breaks my heart.

19. Tyler

Tyler SS.org Regular

Idk about Killzone 4, but holy crap Watch Dogs looks fantastic

20. Pav

Pav ???

I'm with you all the way there, only I grew up on 6/7. I hate this faux-RPG linear track shit. X wasn't bad, but since then they've just gotten progressively worse despite ever-improving effects and visuals.