Playstation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Don Vito, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

I actually liked the mechanics enough in Advanced Warfare multiplayer at a friend's house, that I bought it w/ PS3 and it has a free upgrade/crossgrade/download to PS4 if I redeem before March 15. So I'll be getting the 4 sometime soon (basically as soon as my refund hits....i filed today. yay for electronic w2 delivery \m/ )

2. Brodessa

Brodessa Like a Lion.

Oh yeah, I can definitely see that. I had heard about the problems the MCC was having, but didn't care THAT much because I've had my PS4 for almost a year now. (Just now got a steady flow of games to play by the way) My friend, however, just recently got an Xbox One and I got the chance to play the MCC. Only the campaign though. Halo 2 looked great and getting to play my favorite Halo game all next-gen'd up was awesome. But after hearing about all the problems with it, I wouldn't be going out of my way to get an X1 for it. All of that sounds so PAINFUL.

Since I didn't get to mess around with the X-bone that much, I didn't notice things like start-up speed, menu navigation, and wait times like that. Thanks for bringing the OS thing up to me, as now I've got ANOTHER reason to tell my buddy he should get a Ps4.:yesway:

Sounds like you're a busy guy with not that much play-time, and having that little bit of extra speed surely helps. I kind of see the Xbox as a multiplayer COD machine, while the Playstation is for single-player experiences and more traditional gaming. So, seeing as though I am trying pretty hard to avoid competitive multiplayer, I had another reason to choose Sony.
    I still am not sure if I'd even like to have both consoles. Nothing on Xbox really has my interest. The exclusives I loved from last generation are all dead or ruined. (Halo imo)
    Guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad I got the Peace4, and not the X-Bone. Excited for a lot of the games. Love the 1080p. Love the aesthetic. (THE XBOX IS SO HUGE.) I feel like a gamer again, and when I play, I'm always enjoying myself.
    Rambling's end.

3. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Yeah, those are a couple of the other things I forgot to mention. The sheer size of the Xbox and that darn power brick! No brick for the PS4 and about half the size.

The one edge I give to the Xbox though is as a media player. I could plug in an external harddrive and listen to music and watch videos we'd either recorded of the kids or movies obtained 100% legally :cool:. Can't do that on the PS4, but since I have a laptop with HDMI out, all I have to do is plug that in for the random times we want to do that stuff. No biggie for me there.

And I don't know if Xbox can claim the best multiplayer game in town anymore. There's ton of folks playing COD and others on PSN and with selling twice as many PS4s as X1s at this point, the tide may have shifted.

But I'm pretty happy with my decision cause The Last of Us is absolutely awesome so far! And Amazon gave me $325 for the X1 with Kinect, so didn't hurt too bad.

4. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

How fast should I replace the PS4's included mic?

5. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

6. warpedsoul

warpedsoul SS.org Regular