Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by schwiz, Sep 22, 2017.

1. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Short gameplay footage I took using the screen capturing built into iOS 11. I shouldn’t have been able to kill that second guy with just iron sights :lol:

Running on my iPhone 7 Plus

2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

This is insane; I have like 24 keybinds on my controller lol...is it hard to use?

3. QuantumCybin

Surprisingly, not really. I’ve noticed a lot of players end up standing still when they’re trying to shoot at you; it’s probably because they’re either not used to touch screen controls or they’re just not that good lol. So killing isn’t that difficult especially because the auto aim is fairly generous, but not ridiculously so. I like that your fire buttons are on the left and right sides so if you’re trying to get a long range kill and you’re staying still, you can adjust your aim with the right thumb while simultaneously shooting with the left thumb to trace your shots.

They’ve also added some stuff, like an auto pickup feature where the game will automatically pick up things it thinks you need (you can turn this off if you want). So in that video when I’m looting the dead dude, all the yellow boxes are being picked up automatically. It does this particularly in the early game where it will replace pistols with better guns, automatically equip attachments like stocks, grips, and sights. You can always open your backpack and manually swap out attachments though, like I did at the end of the video where I swapped out my 4x scope for an 8x scope to kill that dude across the river.

steinmetzify likes this.
  4. steinmetzify

5. QuantumCybin

[​IMG]

First chicken dinner on mobile! #feelsgoodman

Been playing duos with my buddy; it’s a lot of fun. The integrated voice chat works great even though it’s through servers in China.

steinmetzify likes this.
  6. steinmetzify

6 hour session last night; solo, duos and squads with my boys. At one point we were a man down and grabbed a couple randoms, no Chinese names and everyone spoke English. No cheaters the whole night.

It was weird to have only ourselves to blame for losing lol

On the upside, ping seems to be working, there’s no lag/desync, people I shot at got shot and died in appropriate timeframes etc...

First whole session in a long ass time that there was literally nothing to bitch about. I’m sort of amazed over here...

7. QuantumCybin

How bad/prevalent is the hacking on the PC version? Haven’t played the PC version in a very long time, basically since the first couple months of launch, but according to the PUBG subreddit it’s insane

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire hardtail crusader

It's not anywhere near as bad as it used to be. I rarely encounter hackers now.

9. QuantumCybin

Good to hear, I’ve slowly been building a new gaming tower in my spare time so I’ve been looking forward to playing PUBG and I’m going to finally cave and try Star Citizen because the Alpha 3.0 looks siiiiick

10. steinmetzify

11. steinmetzify

Take your time, aim your shots lol

12. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

Since the latest update, the game is much more playable. Now I'm playing it more than Fortnite lol

My whole squad died when I got the last 7 kills to end the game with a chicken dinner :flex:
    [​IMG]

13. steinmetzify

Good shit man, that’s solid work!

bpprox22 likes this.
  14. QuantumCybin

An update for the mobile version came out last night; helped with optimization so it runs even smoother now, and they also added a lot of stuff. Clan support now has individual stats listed for each member, they created this system where you can take players “under your wing”, so to speak and mentor them and you get bonus BP when you play with them. They also added a shooting range to practice with all the guns and attachments.

There’s a new mode which is basically a “quick battle” or express battle, round has about 30 people and the circle starts out pretty small, basically confining the action to one town and the storm moves twice as fast. Really cool if you don’t have time to play a full 30 minute match.

Also added 3D Touch support for iOS so moving and aiming is a lot more fluid now since to shoot you just have to put a little more pressure on the screen with your thumb, and you can adjust the sensitivity of that to your liking. They also put in a feature to automatically open doors which is convenient.

15. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I don't think my phone could run the mobile version but I have heard talk that it runs better than the actual game lol

QuantumCybin likes this.
  16. QuantumCybin

I really haven’t had any issues; it hasn’t even crashed on me once lol

EDIT: Also, apparently an international beta of the game is in the works, which makes sense because all the game needs at this point is translating and servers in places besides China. This is the best mobile BR game by a huge margin in my opinion, it will totally kill off the clones like Rules of Survival and Knives Out

17. QuantumCybin

This is why you use headphones and look at the mini map when playing Mobile lol. My buddy and I have been getting chicken dinners left and right lately both in squads and duos

18. QuantumCybin

^^^ audio on previous video was messed up, fixed it. So here it is again. Waited too long to edit the original post.

steinmetzify likes this.
  19. QuantumCybin

PUBG Mobile beta was just released on the Canadian Play Store today, although it’s one patch behind. I don’t have android so I haven’t played it but from people I’ve talked to it’s literally the same game as 0.3 just in English and with way lower pings for North American players :lol:

iOS version shouldn’t be too far behind; no doubt they’re wanting to compete with Fortnite Mobile

steinmetzify likes this.
  20. steinmetzify

Nice, I’d pick it up for iPhone as long as it’s not lame. I’ve watched your vids and don’t get how you aim and shoot. I see you moving with the touchpad on the left but don’t get the other stuff...