Played a Parker today...

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by AChRush1349, Feb 27, 2010.

1. AChRush1349

AChRush1349 SS.org Regular

My god. Fucking gorgeous guitars. I had always been a bit turned off by the because of the upper horn (I never found it attractive...) but I decided to test one that looked quality. I'm not certain which model I played, but it has a mahogany body, which was easy to tell because the beautiful wood grain was left unpainted. Beautiful bolt on carbon fiber enforced necks. Does Parker make neck-thrus? if so, is the neck still reinforced with carbon fiber? $1400 dollars. I think I might ether hold up on getting a seven, or pray that it stays there until I GET my seven AND extra money...oh, choices choices....
    Input?

DavyH and All_¥our_Bass like this.
  2. ralphy1976

ralphy1976 1 less ERGNESS

i have never played a parker but it is definitively one of my "would totally like to play" axe especially due to the design, engineering and sounic possibilites.

zimbloth might be able to talk to you more about it though!!!

tough decisions ahead indeed!!!

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Sounds like you played one of the cheaper Nitefly series guitars. Though, they're all pretty much incredible, bar some of the "budget" P-series models.

As for the neck joint, the higher end Parkers have a set-neck construction.

4. george galatis

george galatis SS.org Regular

i played a parker fly of a friend of mine in ma old amp...they sound really clean! :lol:
    they work nice when you play jazzy chords, fusion music or funky - blues....sexy and comfort neck which in the high frets works smooth :D

if you like that guitar you should keep saving money

5. DevinShidaker

DevinShidaker ss.org Addict

That's a nitefly, still incredible, but if you play an actual fly, you'll shit your pants, they weigh something like <4 pounds, and they are not bolt ons.

6. george galatis

george galatis SS.org Regular

yeah was like air guitar :D :lol:

7. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

USA Parkers are neckthrough, but I beleieve run about $3300 now. I have a Fly Mojo and it is fantastic.

8. Joel

Joel SS.org Regular

I've played 3 parkers: A fly mojo (singlecut), a fly deluxe and a nitefly. All of them were absolutely amazing and the fly deluxe was probably the nicest guitar i've ever played, they are just so easy to play. The only thing i've played which was (IMO) as good, was a Vigier Excalibur.

9. baboisking

baboisking SS.org Regular

parkers are absolutely incredible! ive played a mojo, never had the chance to play one through an amp, but i hear its a thing of beauty.

10. yacker

yacker SS.org Regular

The fly model guitars appear to have the best neck thru heel on any guitar, but apparently they are set neck, as stated above. They call it their "multi-fingered neck joint."

I really think that it's pretty much the best neck joint out there and is a huge chunk of why I like Parkers. People who have played and liked one of the bolt-on's really owe it to themselves to try the higher end models.

[​IMG]

11. tian

tian SS.org Regular

I wouldn't spend $1400 on a NiteFly M. I would either find a used one for around half of that or get a Fly Classic and probably still spend less than $1400.

12. DevinShidaker

DevinShidaker ss.org Addict

My guitarist just bought a nitefly for like $750. You just have to keep looking until you find a good deal!

13. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

I wouldnt really say parkers are for me, I like guitars with a bit more junk in the trunk but fuck they are incredible. The fretboards are mindblowingly awesome as is their construction and feel. You do owe it to yourself to try some of the higher end stuff parker put out it really is in a league of its own

14. xMitch92x

xMitch92x SS.org Regular

I have major GAS for a Fly Mojo Trans Blue, but only BMusic stocks them and they're in South Australia :(

15. Metalus

Metalus JP BFR Whore

I own an Italian plum Parker Fly Deluxe. It is hands down one of the best guitars ive ever played in my life. The feel of the neck is amazing and the carbon fiber fretboard is the smoothest thing ever. The only neck ive played that feels thinner is the JP6. Besides that they are AMAZING guitars

16. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

Mmmm.....
    Parker...
    :wag:

17. Speedy Fingers

Speedy Fingers dat heel

I love my Deluxe. It made me stop playing sevens because nothing feels as good.

18. AChRush1349

AChRush1349 SS.org Regular

I'd LOVE to own a parker...but I REALLY need a seven...maybe i'll snoop around for a cheap gently used parker AND pick up an inexpensive 7.

19. paintkilz

paintkilz Banned

my buddy used to have an american Fly dlx..one of the best guitars ive EVER played...the neck was amazing with the profile, the carbon composite board material and stainless frets....played like butter...

my buddy just got his washburn WM7 today, and im lookin forward to trying it...if the neck will play anything like the parker, my 7321 is in trouble...although i know it doesnt have stainless frets...

20. TheFranMan

TheFranMan SS.org Regular

God I played one of the high end Parkers and was GASing so hard. That thing played and sounded like a dream. The ONLY complaint I had was that while sitting down, the left horn was digging into me. That could be because I always sit classical style. Oh well. Absolutely incredible guitars either way.