Pickup Dilemma: Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by 7-string Sixpounder, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Spoken like a fuckin' Aussie.

Anyway, I'm drinking Berkshire Brewing Company. That cuts deeeeeep, bro, that cuts deep...

:fawk:

2. CaptDUCKSexy

CaptDUCKSexy Banned

What you're going to want to do, my man, is just e-mail the DiMarzio techs. I don't know what their e-mail is off hand, but it's not hard to find on their site. Tell them your equipment, your lack of joy in your current pickups, what youre looking for, and what you want. They've helped me a million times. I'm quite biased towards DiMarzio however, I mean...only the best players play them, so what else would I think?

3. 7-string Sixpounder

7-string Sixpounder SS.org Regular

Okay dudes a bit of an update. I decided that based on the reviews on this site and dimarzio's website, i'm gonna go with the Blaze/Air Norton combo (can you imagine that). I just got em ordered so i'll install them as soon as they get here, and let you know how they sound. The last pickup I bought was a dimebucker for my rg470....what a shitty combo that was. Basswood and that pickup are NOT a good combo. I still have know idea if my schecter is made out of basswood or mahogany. I can't find much info on c-7 classics online. Anyways thanks for the help everybody I can't wait for them to get here. On a side note....anybody looking for some muddy and lifeless duncan designed pickups? I'm thinkin I could let go of em for mabye 200.....so yeah feel free to contact me..

Chris

4. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

5. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Agreed - I GAVE away the Dimarzio New 7's that came in my 7620, simply because they weren't worth the effort of actualy selling, lol. $200 would be a bit much for a proper set of duncans used, but for duncan designed?

6. 7-string Sixpounder

Yeah I wasn't bein too serious there about those pickups....$200 is rather steep. So after much much deliberation i'v decided to come down to a much more reasonable 120.....a piece..... so by all means get back to me on that. God I want those pickups. Its been like TWO DAYS ALREADY!!! Take it easy dudes i'll let you know as soon as they get here.

Chris

7. dpm

dpm Oni Guitars Contributor

lmfao :bowdown:

Doctor J likes this.
  8. CaptDUCKSexy

CaptDUCKSexy Banned

I actually like the Duncan Designed over the regular Duncans. All the guitars I've played them in sound impressive. Whenever I've picked up a guitar with regular Duncans in it I yawn.

9. Vince

Vince Contributor

:nuts: Jon, I need to school you in the ways of Seymour Duncan.

10. Doctor J

Doctor J I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!

Ha ha ha, you mean $1.20 a piece, surely?
    :nuts:

11. 7-string Sixpounder

Oh no sir....Im quite serious. In fact i'm SO serious that that I don't think I can let these baby's go anymore. At least, not for a measly 120. I do believe i'v fallen in love with my duncan designed pickups. The way the bridge gets all mucky and undefined ALL up and DOWN the b-string, and how the neck pickup notes are kind of spat out of my amp and tickle my eardrum in all their sterile lifeless glory!!! NO SIR! Only for about $400 now would I even CONSIDER unleashing their orgasmic musical bliss on any other mortals ears!!! :rolleyes: .....on a more serious note duncan designed pickups really aren't that bad at all i'm just havin some fun. ALSO the pickups are here and are being installed as I type. So reviews are on the way dudes, took me long enough this thread is like....4 weeks old now :wavey:

Chris

12. Doctor J

Doctor J I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!

I have a set myself in my H207 and having just received my C7 with the JB and 59 combo, I've got to say there is no comparison between the two. The Duncan Designed are ok... until you hear the real thing :shred:

13. 7-string Sixpounder

Woo hoo review's in the Pickup Guide sticky so check it out dudes.

Chris