Picking up a Marshall 8100

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by avenger, Sep 23, 2010.

1. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

...Friday for 280 CAD.

Is it worth it? It seems like a decent amp for the cost. I am mainly looking for a different flavour to sit beside my Ampeg VH140.

If anyone can recommend anything to help me get the most out of this amp that would be awesome.

I will be running through my orange which has given me decent results with the ampeg.

2. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

3. Banana Wedgie

Banana Wedgie Bored 13 year old

That's an okay offer, you should try and negotiate.

I got my 8200 for £92 (that is £175 when I Xe.com-ed it) :nuts: fairly it was on bid.

If you want a mid full tone, you'd consider a boost. It doesn't do high mid settings well (the highest gain you can get without the contour being more than 3/4 of the way round is Motorhead on Overkill...).

Great amps when you cut the mids though.

I personally max out the mids and the contour and 3/4 the treble and cut the bass to 1/4 and get my pretty awesome tone.

I need a better cab though :lol:

4. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

Awesome, glad to hear there are some good tones to be had here. I am definitly aiming for something more death-ish in nature.

Will let you guys know after I have fiddled for hours and need help finding settings.

:lol:

5. AxeGuru

AxeGuru SS.org Regular

Hey I sold it to him thank you very much! :fawk:
    Andromalia knew at the start that I was only selling it at a fixed price of £150 with shipping and paypal 3% fee on top and he was happy with that as its in great playable and cosmetic condition. Its not like I wanted to sell the head, but for financial reasons I had to, and at the highest but fairest possible so I could just about reach a payment.

6. Andromalia

Well, depends for everyone, I was certainly ready to pay this to get one in this [BLEEP] country where all people have for trades are MG Marshalls. HAd I been in France or another more civilised country as far as amps are concerned I might have been more picky.
    That said, spending 4 hours scouring the net to gain 10€ isn't really interesting for me, better to do 1 hour of overtime and be done with it. Luxury of well paid jobs. ^^

That said, I have still no clue why an englishman had a 220V unit in UK whith Marshall being an english manufacturer. :lol: Good for me but I didn't expect that.

7. AxeGuru

AxeGuru SS.org Regular

Tbh I never even noticed that untill you pointed it out! But its not like :eek:, as the UK is 230V and the amp worked fine so :shrug:

8. Andromalia

Uh I believed the UK were 110V, to start with. XD Ok nothing weird then. :)