Periphery - The Scourge cover

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by BlackFalcon17, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. BlackFalcon17

BlackFalcon17 SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I recently started a YouTube channel where I'll be uploading covers and possibly some original music. This is my first video, which took a couple hours to put together (mainly because I'm new to video editing). Lemme know what you all think, I know it's pretty boring to look at, but I'm looking to upgrade to a proper camera soon. A GoPro should do the trick, right? Anyway, all feedback is appreciated, I want to make some quality videos in the future. Thanks!

2. AwakenTheSkies

AwakenTheSkies Member

Nice! That riff in the beginning is one of my obsession riffs that I have playing in my head over and over, it sounds angry with just about any guitar in any tuning, Juggernaut Alpha & Omega is probably my favourite record of all time, it was the first time I heard a record with that much detail everywhere and then the producer packs & "official" guitar tabs made it really fun to decipher and constantly learn from it.

About the cover, well if there's anything I'd improve I'd say it's the camera quality, video quality and stuff like that. You know, different camera angles if you can, green screen and edit your backgroud, show some of your gear in the background, probably cover some trendy songs that you enjoy playing to get some viewers interested. I'm not really sure what's in fashion because honestly I'm sick of Youtube and it's personalities, but I think a lot of these guys interact with their audience, get their viewers hooked with their personalities, humor, music news, reviews, stuff like that.

Good luck with your channel!

BlackFalcon17 likes this.
  3. BlackFalcon17

BlackFalcon17 SS.org Regular

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, having different camera angles would definitely make things more interesting, but the way my room is setup limits my options. I really only plan on covering songs that I actually enjoy playing, I'd rather not force myself to make a video simply to cater to the popular opinion. We'll see how it goes, I'm only just getting started.