Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by StratoJazz, Jun 14, 2012.

1. StratoJazz

StratoJazz SS.org Regular

I'm looking into acquiring a sturdy and reliable pedalboard that:
    -Is around $50-$100
    -Has enough space to accommodate 10-14 pedals
    -DURABLE
    -Built Like a tank
    -Light (10-20 pounds without pedals)

So far I've checked the craigslist listings in my area and have only found the Gator Pedalboard Pro. Does anyone think this is a great board to gig and rehearse with?

I've looked into pedaltrain, but it looks like if i go that route i'll end up buying it new and spending around $110-$170 for one. I'd like to avoid that, so if anyone has any suggestions or knows of anything good let me know.

2. samincolour

samincolour Sweaty fox.

Check EVERYWHERE for DJ's that are selling cases that had their laptops in. Luckily my dad is a DJ and had one he was throwing out, I've had it a year and it's the only pedalboard case I've ever had that hasn't fallen apart on tour!

I ripped out the insides of it (the foam/case dividers etc) and built a wooden frame inside it to hold my pedals, works great.

I'm convinced that a lot of DJ cases secretly want to be pedalboard cases, a lot of them are just the right size, have a look!

3. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Here's where I got mine, have had it for about 4 years now, takes a pretty decent beating so my pedals don't have to.

Pedal Cases | Page 1 of 1

4. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

I have the Gator Powered PRO with 11 pedals on it, including a Wah, a Volume and a EHX Memory Boy.

Pros:

- It's well below 20lbs without pedals
    - It can take a beating
    - It could fit up to 16 (maybe even 20) MXR-sized pedals should you require that

Cons:

- Velcro stripes don't stick to all surfaces. No problem with slightly-rugged metal cases like MXR, EHX, Dunlop etc. Not very good with smooth shiny metal cases like Boss and Fulltone. Plastic cases pretty much suck (e.g. Boss FS-5 switch).
    - The more you use a pedal the more velcro you should attach to its back, otherwise it'll start drifting.
    - Dirt magnet, pain in the ass to clean. I have to remove all pedals and vacuum it.

If you get the powered version, it comes with one supply and I would highly recommend getting the second one. I'm powering 8 pedals with 2 supplies even when they are both supposedly rated to handle 8 pedals each.

TL;DR -- It has its downside, but it solves the problem.

5. Luke Acacia

Luke Acacia STRAYA

Man just jump on ebay. I am using 2 from there and they cost next to nothing, brand new and really good quality. Only took about 2 weeks to arrive.