Peavey Predator ST 7 string, any good?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Dayviewer, May 5, 2012.

1. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

Hey everyone, new guy here! :D

Been wanting to get a 7 for a while now, to get into it anyway not ready to put alot of money down yet but it definatly needs to be decent.
    Anyway I stumbled across a Peavey Predator ST7 today, didn't even know they made 7 strings, looks decent and will try it out next week.

Any of you guys any opinions on this one though? and know anything about a good price?
    It's on sale for 300 euros but i've looked online today and it goes alot cheaper than that.
    I can definatly get away with it cheaper (small store, pretty easy going guy haha ), but how much should I aim for? if it's any good ofcourse, still have to test it haha.

Anyway if somebody has a good opinion on this thing i would love to hear it, thanks in advance!

2. Jim Antonio

Jim Antonio Playa from Manila

It's a decent 7 string, I used to own the TR7, which was the floyd version. The only drawback is that it only has 21 frets. It also only has a 3 way selector, so you don't get any in-between or coil-tapped sounds. Stock pickups are okay but will probably require an upgrade.

3. unclejemima218

unclejemima218 190 Proof

if anything it could be a good modding platform, I say go for it!

4. chance0

chance0 SS.org Regular

My first electric was 21 frets. Terribly, terribly restrictive. Big thumbs down here.

5. Jim Antonio

That is so true, and was the primary reason I got rid of it. My luthier said it wasn't possible to mod the frets & make it 22. I'm a big fan of Peavey guitars so I was quite bummed out why they couldn't add just another fret to the damn guitar! :nuts:

It would be great if they made a 7 string off their HP Special or Session line but I'm pretty sure that's never gonna happen. Just ask Devin Townsend, hah! :lol:

6. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

I don't really mind 21 frets actually, what's most important for me is the build quality and sound, if the guitar is 'decent' though i guess it's good for the price it goes for, will find out soon i guess, thanks for the replies guys :)

7. Jim Antonio

I got mine brand-new for $100 off a store that bought overruns of Peavey guitars. I was able to resell it for $275! :hbang: