Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. MetalCapsFan

MetalCapsFan SS.org Regular

Haha actually I think I'm the one who grabbed it, randomly looked last night to see if there was any update on when the amps would be coming in to Sweetwater, and it said 'demo avail for $1709." So, I called in @ 9am and had them cancel my original order which had me way down the waiting list, and saved a coupla hundred bucks in the process. Of course, I'd appreciate it if you'd gimme a heads up if there's anything amiss with the amp I should be aware of. Should be here on Sat, so will give some opinions on it soon. Cheers!

narad and Deadpool_25 like this.
  2. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

Congrats man. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

MetalCapsFan likes this.
  3. Lethalharmonic

Lethalharmonic SS.org Regular

Everything works perfect on it!

MetalCapsFan likes this.
  4. MetalCapsFan

Great to hear! I'm actually super excited to do some kinda stereo thing and match it up w/ my Ampeg VH-140 C amps. In Dying Fetus/Misery Index, we always matched the solid state VH series amps w/ various tube amps to fatten up the rhythm tracks in the studio. Looking forward to trying it live as well. Ready to do some experimenting!

5. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

Update from Steve's Music in Canada, they're waiting on word from Peavey.

Genuinely wonder if I could try & buy a Mesa TC-100, which was announced like 2 weeks ago, before I can even try an Invective?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  6. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

Wait a minute....

Fan of both bands

MetalCapsFan and Deadpool_25 like this.
  7. MetalCapsFan

Sparky here, played gtr in D.F. from '99-2001, and gtr in M.I. from 2001-10. More recently, I've been playing live gtr for Fulgora. Adam Jarvis (M.I./Pig Destroyer) is on drums and his cousin John Jarvis (Pig Destroyer/Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Scour) is on bass. The vocalist LaMew actually writes all the gtr riffs (so far), but just wants to be a frontman and jump around live. Anyway, sorry for thread derail, but will def be using the Invective when Fulgora plays gigs in the future. Cheers!

8. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

Sick, actually played a gig with you then in Nashville, TN probably 2005-ish. Yakuza/Intronaut tour. About the time Discordia was getting ready to release I think.

Had to re-live a bit of nostalgia, sorry for off-topic

MetalCapsFan and Deadpool_25 like this.
  9. Deadpool_25

Cool. I built a crazy stereo rig with the Invective and a TC-50. It’s amazing. Love it.

MetalCapsFan likes this.
  10. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

All the best Misery Index albums are the ones with the Sparky riffs and his crusty counter melodies/leads. Glad to see you here! \m/

MetalCapsFan likes this.
  11. MetalCapsFan

Thanks very much for the compliments. Working on new tunes now so will def be using the Invective as part of the tonal variety in the riffage. Def feeling inspired by this new amp, has pretty much all the guts + bells and whistles I'm looking for. Def kudos to Misha for working to make this thing come to fruition for all of us. Cheers!

Deadpool_25 and bracky like this.
  12. MetalCapsFan

Just got the amp, played it for a few mins, def sounds killer. Not sure if there is supposed to be a user manual, but none came in the box. Looked on the Invective page on Peavey's site, and there doesn't appear to be a link for a .pdf of the user manual to download. Maybe I'm just bad at the internet haha, so if anyone knows where I can find it, lemme know. Thanks!

ETA: at the bottom of the page, there is a link for a manual, but not a lotta info is contained in it, just a kind of basic overview and a bullet list of features.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Deadpool_25 likes this.
  13. MetalCapsFan

Went over to the forums on the Peavey site and found a download link for the manual in their Invective thread...

https://peavey.com/forum/download/file.php?id=17647

ETA: looks like you have to be logged in over there to access the file. I did leave a comment suggesting the link be added to the Invective page. The rep from Peavey who posted here a few days back offered to send me a hard copy of the manual, so all is good!

Deadpool_25 and technomancer like this.
  14. Deadpool_25

Awesome. Spent some more time dialing in the stereo rig (Invective + TC-50) including getting most of the MIDI stuff set up.

MetalCapsFan likes this.
  15. Deadpool_25

Spent some time with just the Invective. We have discussed that the amp might have too much gain but I was able to get some nice mid gain tones on the clean channel with the drive boost engaged.

Basically I had it setup as 4 channels: clean, mid-gain, high-mid-gain, high-gain. There’s room to either decrease or increase any of the gain knobs. Just playing at home and at these settings everything is about 97 dB with a Les Paul in the bridge (clean with the neck pickup is about 93 dB). Master boost is off.

DDA04390-FC42-418D-8238-B0942BD9C3B7.jpeg

16. Palmer6strings

Palmer6strings SS.org Regular

Sorry, but I forgot to update you all on my situation...
    My Invective half died. So now it’s just sitting, not able to be played.
    I was playing it one night a few weeks ago and i heard a bunch off fizzle noises and a few squeaks like a mouse and then I just lost all my dirty channels.
    Called SweetWater and they are replacing it. So now I’m just annoyed and waiting for my new one to arrive.

17. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

that just sounds like a tube issue. 5 minute fix.

KailM and Nitrobattery like this.
  18. Palmer6strings

It could be, I’ve already had to deal with the tubes in it once already. Im not going to just keep replacing tubes every month or so.
    I’ve honestly had way too many problems with this amp already. I’m done screwing with it unless they want to keep sending me tubes.

19. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

you replaced all the preamp tubes already?

20. Palmer6strings

Yup.