Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

A wise man once told me "good things come to those who wait."

couverdure and Deadpool_25 like this.
  2. narad

narad SS.org Regular

There's already a number of people here under pseudonyms that keep trying to prop up the things they're selling. Hate to get all red-pill/blue-pill on you, but if you've been here long enough you'd know them. Same thing happened on TGP so I stopped going there.

The core of the issue is that it's hard to make a living as a musician from the music itself. There is a huge incentive to partner up and create some auxiliary income streams through affiliates and marketing, and as just regular guys, there's many people trying to ride guitars as investments to flip. So yea, guitar forums can be great information sharing resources, but when it comes to finding out what to buy, proceed with caution.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I meant as far as the scale of the companies, not the people the brands are named after.

teqnick likes this.
  4. exo

exo SS.org Regular

People bent out of shape over the "pre-orders" situation shouldn't be aiming their ire at Peavey, unless they somehow managed to wrangle a direct order from Peavey themselves.

It's not Peavey's fault the stores set up a pre-order the STORES were unable to fulfil. That's on the various outlets that sold pre-orders without knowing how much stock they'd be able to fulfill.......

PrestoDone, cwhitey2 and Nitrobattery like this.
  5. 7 Stringer

7 Stringer SS.org Regular

I cant fucking beleive this place, the Peavey guy comes in here trying to explain the situation and talking good and some goof ball comes in and steers shit up, again and babbles on and on.

Get the fuck over it, the amp is delayed, stop whinning. Play your other amps in the meantime.

rexbinary and KailM like this.
  6. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

It has absolutely nothing to do with 'level' :lol:

We are talking about announcing a product and then it taking forever to actually arrive.

7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

EXACTLY! Mad at Peavey for a stores mistake is pathetic. All this crap belongs in the first world problems thread.

8. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Expecting a company to deliver on its word, #FirstWorldProblems

LeviathanKiller and narad like this.
  9. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

With due respect, when did Peavey, or even the retailers, give their word that people would have the amp in hand by whatever date?

Businesses are almost always hesitant to make promises out of fear they can't deliver. People had "we expect it on" dates.

10. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Time to take a step back, everyone is allowed to express their opinions here. While we don't need mindless shit stirrers we also don't need mindless fanboys either. Bottom line is some people are going to be pissed when a company blows a release date and they are allowed to talk about it.

It's also not like this doesn't happen with at least a couple of announcements every NAMM from somebody or another :lol:

11. Lethalharmonic

Lethalharmonic SS.org Regular

Anyone have any idea what the "Input Gate" is designed after on this amp? Would it be the same as say throwing a Decimator between your guitar input and amp input etc?

12. Deadpool_25

Yeah, like putting a gate between the guitar and amp's input. No idea if it was designed with any particular gate in mind, but it works the same way. For those who want to quiet down some amp hiss at higher gate settings, an actual gate pedal in the loop is still something to consider.

13. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

The way I understand it...it's probably closer to the gate in the horizon then a real full functioned gate.
    It's there to help get that staccato sound...not really to get rid of noise.

14. 7 Stringer

Yup, i am using a Fortin Zuul in the loop now and it kills all pre amp hiss and random noises. Very quiet, might i say dead silent!!!! At crazy volumes too.

While the Zuul has a key input, i put it in its own loop and have it switched out on my clean presets, works great.

Two loops is soooo convenient, more manufacturers should imllement this feature. I know Diezel has that on the Herbert, 3 loops!!!!!! Damn cool.

FILTHnFEAR and Deadpool_25 like this.
  15. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Quick thread cleanup to remove the Fortin / Randall derail

16. 7 Stringer

Where did my reply go???? I did not mention nothing about Fortin in there.

Hmmmm, i think mu reply made sense so it got deleted.

Nice

17. Deadpool_25

Sort of. Misha said in a video that the gate in the PD is there to for the staccato palm mutes, but also to get rid of any noise that would be added by the pedal. It also works to reduce/eliminate noise and feedback from the guitar's pickups.

18. Lethalharmonic

Heads up to everyone I sent my Invective back a week ago, now sweetwater has the unit up on their site for $1,600.00 it was a great amp & everything I said earlier with Deadpool about the Invective is true! I just wont find myself using as much of the features as I thought.

I personally don't keep much gear around & try my best to only keep what I use.

Also a real quick tip i found out on getting the original 5150 tone from this amp is to crank the Channel Volume to max & use the master only. All the Raw (Crunchy chest punch) tone will come back & all the Fizzy fuzzy etc. we have all heard in several of the Youtube Vids goes away.

I was more satisfied running it this way through my Attenuator rather than running it with channel & masters lower!

Thanks everyone I look foreward to checking this thread everyday! & who knows I might find myself with an Invective back in the studio with time!

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  19. Deadpool_25

So there's a cheaper Invective on Sweetwater? Let's see how quick it goes lol.

I think it's gone already actually.

20. Lethalharmonic

It's sold
    Yup its already gone!