Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

I got the cab back in July, I really like it.

bracky likes this.
  2. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

That's all well and good, and I get that delays and outages can cause issues, but this amp has been delayed and delayed and delayed over and over for nearly a year now. You mention how it was unanticipated and stuff and that each country has their own issues to deal with, but do you not already sell your entire line in all of those countries? How is any country-specific voltage or requirement a surprise by now? (unless you're expanding to new countries with an untested amp with production delays, which would be insane)

It's just weird that this is such a huge chance for Peavey to become extremely relevant again with a modern product for modern metal (not just riding on 5150/6505), and it's 1000% messed up and no one can seem to make sense of it.

I have a 6505 myself and love it, but issues like this are such a mark on Peavey's reputation

Slam5150 likes this.
  3. 7 Stringer

7 Stringer SS.org Regular

Thanks for the update and info on the boost, it all makes sense now!!!!!!

The Invective is an awesome amp, took a bit of tweaking to set it all up to my liking and the results are great!!!!!

The two loops and power supplys is pure genious, so convenient. No messy audio and power cables all over the floor.

And one thing i was soooo surprised was the ability to use deifferent power tubes, that should of been mentioned, it is such a great feature. I run mu favorite tubes in it right now and wow. 6550 tubes.

Chris

Deadpool_25 and pvampmgr like this.
  4. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

This post seems completely off base. The amp hasn't been delayed for nearly a year. Info about it leaked in January and it was officially announced at NAMM in mid-July where there was no release date given. Sweetwater and other places projected mid-August. Misha said the first shipment went out on October 11th, and we know they hit stores no later than the 16th (mine arrived October 24th). So the actual delay was more like two months or less...and that's assuming the mid-August date was ever "official" in the first place.

Some people are seeing longer delays. I agree, different countries' quirky regulations and such probably shouldn't matter all that much, though I don't know what exactly he means by that. But combining higher than expected demand and random parts outages, it's not hard to see why there are less in the hands of forum users than we might like.

And this is absolutely not "1000% messed up". The amp was delayed a little bit, but it's out there. There is higher demand than expected...because it's a great amp. They are having parts shortages...likely not their fault and likely due to the fact that demand is high...because it's a great amp. Misha has been in here more than we should expect with some updates and info. One of the Peavey dudes hears about this thread and stops by to communicate some info.

Is this "such a mark on Peavey's reputation"? Only if people aren't thinking about it rationally. My guess is when more folks start getting them in hand and posting about them, and posting clips, the Invective will definitely leave a mark on Peavey's reputation...a positive mark. Did I mention, it's a great amp? :)

Ironbird666 and cwhitey2 like this.
  5. pvampmgr

pvampmgr SS.org Regular

I think I created a little confusion about export units. What I meant was that we have about 7 or 8 variants of every product. There are only a handful of voltage variants, but more and more we have to jump through regulatory hoops in different countries. It's basically just paperwork and fees, but it takes time. That's all I meant. That hasn't created delays in the USA, but it has in other countries. I can't assume everybody on this thread is in the USA. I just got back from South America and they are going bananas for the Invective down there, where metal rules!

cwhitey2 and Deadpool_25 like this.
  6. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

i think they really underestimated misha's ability to sell all the things.

7. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

Well to be fair to @Matt08642 I just checked my emails to Sweetwater, I asked them about it on May 19th and they said mid-July. So we went from Mid-July to about now. I got my cab on July 10th. I think everyone expected the amp and cab to ship at the same time no?

Either way....I did come across one at Motor City Guitar if anyone lives in Michigan. Looks even better in person, sounds awesome.

8. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

Are you on Peavey's payroll? All you've done in this thread is address customer complaints like a PR rep, talk about how amazing the amp literally like 5 people on earth have posted anywhere about, and get someone from Peavey to post in the thread. Based on this reply:

People were being told this amp would be in their stores early/mid summer, not later dates. Those dates were all from delays.

I understand that, but why wasn't this kind of stuff done before the amp was announced, released, etc.

Except a ton of USA-based buyers who were on the preorder list have been waiting 6+ months for this amp to show up even to just try in a store.

Again, I love my 6505, I love Periphery, and from the live show I went to in early November, the amps sound good, but this kind of delay is inexcusable. Peavey isn't some rinkydink shop, they've been a prominent name in the guitar/amp/PA world for literally 40 + years. Mesa announces the JP-2C, and I can go try one at a store within a month. Peavey announces the Invective, delays it for months, and there's still only like 10 demo videos anywhere on the internet, including the ones from Misha and from NAMM.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    TheRileyOBrien, Slam5150 and cmtd like this.
  9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Fake news. It was officially announced in January.

10. pvampmgr

pvampmgr SS.org Regular

Because you can't. Agency testing requires actual products. All I can say is we're working on it and doing the best we can. No one can foresee parts outages, but we have a team of people on it.

11. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

The vague “we are working on it” just keep waiting is what got me to cancel my order. Emails to both the supplier (guitar center) and builder (Peavey) gave me no tangible info aside from “we are working on it”. That showed me no concern as a customer that pre-ordered months ago.

Furthermore why are random shops getting amps in stock before pre orders are filled?

I’ve since moved on to a different amp, just sharing another opinion.

PS. I’m highly suspicious of some shilling going on in this thread as well....

Jake, TheRileyOBrien and theicon2125 like this.
  12. Deadpool_25

Ah ok. However, it was mid-July until mid-October (when the amp started getting delivered). Assuming the amp and cab would ship at the same time is just that...an assumption. Not saying it's a completely unreasonable one, but it's still an assumption. When did you order it from Sweetwater? I ordered mine from Sweetwater on June 22nd. When I called to cancel it they were about to send it out so anyone who ordered before me (from Sweetwater) should have theirs if they didn't cancel.

Cool to hear about people seeing them in stores. @Nitrobattery posted about the one at Boynton. I called them a few days later and ordered it. They're out there.

Hm. Not that I've seen, but I'll take your word for it. Regardless, it seems the actual delay from projected release dates to actual release date was only in the neighborhood of 2 months...again, assuming Sweetwater was passing an official release date from Peavey (which I doubt based on my conversations with Sweetwater).

Nope. If you say so; I think I try to balance all the ridiculous conspiracy theories and whining with a little patience and some common sense about how business works. But you go on whining if it makes you feel better. And the amp IS amazing...guess I'm one of those 5 people.

Nitrobattery likes this.
  13. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I love how everyone is getting bent over pre-orders not being delivered on time... Who ever said ANY pre-order date was set in stone?

I understand people are mad, but come on...i read this thread everyday and just laugh.

Look at Fryette (who i adore by the way) with new products and get back to me.

14. Deadpool_25

Why random shops are getting amps before preorders is a super valid question imo. Peavey should have had a better way to assess how many preorders needed to go out before non-preorder shipments.

Hope you like your other amp. Didn't you get a Sig-X or something?

No conspiracy here, man. I just love my amp.

15. narad

narad SS.org Regular

True that. Guitar forums are shill-central.

16. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah, because Peavey and Fryette are on the same level.

TheRileyOBrien and mnemonic like this.
  17. Deadpool_25

Fixed. :)

couverdure and beavis2306 like this.
  18. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

You're a goof then, lmao. I understand that your amp is awesome, I am happy for you, and I am happy for Misha for getting to design this kind of thing, but Peavey flat out dropped the ball on this from a distribution standpoint. If you think getting told for months on end that your stuff is delayed and then cancelling is "whining", then there is absolutely no convincing you otherwise, and that's also fine, we each have our stance on this.

This literally doesn't happen to any other company at this scale designing and selling amps that I have heard of in recent history. Going back to my JP-2C example, you can find videos of that thing anywhere. I can go to a store and try one. I can have one made with some wacky exotic wood and have it at my door in LESS THAN A YEAR. This all happened VERY shortly after release as well, none of this "well, there's actually paperwork" bs

To address the situation as a whole, I honestly just feel bad for Misha in this whole mix. I'm sure he wants these amps to sell like hotcakes. Nobody wants to have their name associated with this kind of shit.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  19. pvampmgr

pvampmgr SS.org Regular

This is because we fill orders based on first come, first served TO US. We have no way of knowing what orders are pre-sold to customers and which are not. The only way it can possibly work in a fair manner is for us to just go down the list.

I think you'd be amazed to talk to the boutique builders of the world and see their respect for Hartley Peavey. He knows more about tubes, why they were invented, who invented them, etc, than anyone in the business. He's still here every day, he's very engaged and one of the smartest people I've ever met. I'd better get off this thread now.

bracky and Nitrobattery like this.
  20. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

Thanks for dropping by!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017