Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Wonder if the same or similar happened to George Lynch when he was working on a signature amp with Peavey. Wasn't the Triple X supposed to be a Lynch signature amp?

Anyways, sucks that people who were really stoked for them amp are waiting so long that they give up on it and moving on to something else.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  2. bluffalo

bluffalo SS.org Regular

There's a lot of butthurtz in here. They haven't even started producing the variant for Australia yet, and some of you sooks are giving up.

I'm amazed.

couverdure, USMarine75 and Beheroth like this.
  3. 7 Stringer

7 Stringer SS.org Regular

I waited over a year for a little mod done to my Friedamn BE100 by Dave, never complained.

But i get that it is frustrating to hear the date pushed back, i was anxious also to get mine. Got lucky i guess.

But.

This is an amp wait list, not a heart transplant wait list.

Back to our regular program.

Unleash The Fury likes this.
  4. katsumura78

katsumura78 SS.org Regular

Any plans to release a version with white tolex next year? You guys had them on tour and that picture won’t get out of my head. They look so sick! I’ll gladly wait if it’s in the works.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  5. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

It does suck that folks are so frustrated they’re giving up. I get it but still a shame. It’s such a good amp. Peavey could/should have had a system in place where retailers could communicate how many preorders they had and Peavey could fill based on those.

I will say that I think the amp is worth an extra degree of patience but to be fair that’s easy for me to say when I’ve got mine.

Nitrobattery likes this.
  6. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I don't think we should be encouraging each other to be complacent and accept poor customer service. If you're just totally fine with waiting half a year longer than expected for something, then more power to you. But to say someone is wrong for not wanting to be jerked around while actively trying to give a company their money... The more you let people get away with it, the more it will happen.

Peavey also isn't one guy who mods and builds amps, they're a pretty big corporation who has done this product fulfilment thing for years, they ought to know their shit.

7. Slam5150

Slam5150 SS.org Regular

This right here!

I’m an endorsed Peavey artist and I waited over 6 months being told “it’s coming shortly”, only to be told time and time again that it’s pushed back. I said I needed it no later than mid November and was assured it would be here by then. Yet again, I’ve been told to wait for another 2 months. Nope! No amp is worth getting dicked around like that. For Peavey to release a 5150 preamp-based amp with all the modern day features and an amazing clean and think it wasn’t going to be in severe demand, they’re not thinking straight. There is absolutely no reason to be on a waiting list for 6+ months for a mass-produced amp. A $4000 boutique amp is a different story.

I have no doubt the Invective is a great amp, but “worth the wait” and constant disappointment every time they fail to follow through....not for me.

8. 7 Stringer

There is a reason for everything, but i am sure Peavey is not doing this on purpose, they sure want to sell these amps i am sure on that.

What they should be doing is issuing a statement saying exactly what is going on and that they are doing there best to rectify the situation.

I gave my deposit a hell of a long time ago, got my amp, i was lucky as i can see, but i would not be cancelling my order if i had not received it yet, i would continue waiting.

I waited 1 1/2 years to get my Fortin Natas, was supposed to take 6 months. I did not make a fuss about it and totally understood Mike's situation, all good.

Big or small company, shit happens.

9. Slam5150

Slam5150 SS.org Regular

You’re right that is what they should be doing, and they’re not. In fact, they are not making any attempt to explain to customers and people who have been waiting for almost a year why their amp isnt in yet. I talked to a numerous number of people in multiple departments at Peavey about the situation and not a single one had any idea what was going on. For people waiting in line to shell out money for their most expensive amp to date and not having a clue what’s going on with the production of them is horseshit.

I don’t have time to “wait longer”. I sold my other amp and go on tour in a month. I can’t just continue to wait.

Again you’re comparing a $5k PTP handmade amp with a mass produced production-line amp. Totally different scenarios.

I’m glad you got your amp man. You’re def one of the lucky ones. The fact is Peavey dropped the ball for the majority of people interested in this amp and they’re doing nothing about it but telling people to “wait longer”.

10. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

To echo what has been said. I've been waiting for a hand built small boutique amp from a one man builder for almost 2 years now. I'm not opposed to waiting for gear, in the appropriate situation.

The problem is Peavey is a multi-million dollar company that has been around since the 1960's. This isn't their first rodeo. I'm not ok with having ~$2,000 just siting out there and getting absolutely no information on what is going on, aside from the just keep waiting. Which is my personal choice, and if you are ok with waiting, great. No one is telling anyone what to do with their time or money.

My opinion is that Peavey has dropped the ball here. They hyped the shit out of this amp and fell flat on delivering. So I will take my money elsewhere. I sincerely hope those that have gotten one, or will in the future enjoy it. I'm sure it is a great amp.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  11. Deadpool_25

I certainly can understand why some people are canceling orders. Everyone has their own needs, perspective, tolerance for BS, etc.

In my opinion, Peavey seems to have dropped the ball in a few areas. They were too optimistic with their delivery timetable, they didn’t seem to pay enough attention to preorders (in order to support those early adopters), and they have certainly dropped the ball in terms of communication. Misha has been great though imo (he has done a better job communicating than we should expect from full-time and often-touring artist). But I believe even he has had to call and ask for information. These things are disappointing...and correctable.

Now, what they did not drop the ball on was building a great amp. With Misha’s input they have a real winner here as far as I can tell. When the demos from the big YouTube guys start popping up, and when there are some in stores to try, I think they’ll sell a lot of them. Order cancellations won’t hurt them at all directly since the cancellations will likely go to other preorders that don’t cancel (I bet there are lurkers here who have orders in and are silently cheering when folks say they canceled), or will sell very quickly when they’re in stock at a retailer. Peavey has clearly pissed some people off though and they risk potentially losing a few customers for many years to come.

couverdure likes this.
  12. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Hey if you guys are around Petaluma California, Silly Strings have an Invective in stock. I tried it and it was fricking loud. And yes, sounds like the OG 5150 on the lead channel, only more hi-fi, if that makes any sense.

I just think it is not worth trading in my 6505+ since I won't be using all those nice features on the Invective. If you are a pedalboard and MIDI guy, this is the metal amp for you. Every amp should have those 9V terminals!

KailM and Deadpool_25 like this.
  13. Spaced Out Ace

Fortin/Friedman are not the same as Peavey. Stop trying to compare the wait times.

FILTHnFEAR and technomancer like this.
  14. 7 Stringer

???

Waiting for an amp is waiting for an amp. Period.

Small or big.

The amp will be available. Peavey might not be addressing the situation in the finest manner, i will give you that, but words like fuck Peavey, ( I known,I know, not you) seem a bit overboard.

New amp, complicated one, re instated US shop, parts sourcing, California regulations......list could go on.

Anyway, this is getting old, this thread was about the actual amp, i guess that ain't the point no more.

USMarine75 likes this.
  15. Spaced Out Ace

It is still about the amp, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. As for "waiting for an amp is waiting for an amp," no, not really. A big company like Peavey is different than a small, boutique builder like Fortin and Friedman -- a lot different. The problem with comparing the two is because it's comparing two companies that are quite a bit different structure wise.

16. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

I think someone should teach Peavey a lesson and sell me their Invective cheap... take a stand against this tyranny!

17. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

Some of the best things in life are worth waiting for.

This is all quite entertaining for me to watch. I'm sure Peavey will deliver in due time. What I don't doubt is that this is an amazing amp. Probably the most ambitious design they've ever released; of course there's going to be hangups and holdups.

I might feel differently if I had the $2k on the line, but I decided a long time ago my timeline for getting an Invective is years down the road. I have trouble coughing up $2k for a new amp; any brand -- I'm going to wait until there's some used ones out there. If you can't wait for a new amp, well, there's plenty of great amps out there. But there's no need to declare war on Peavey.

18. 7 Stringer

Here is a fresh pic of my current amps, just to freshen up the thread. Missing is my 5150II and 5150III.

[​IMG]
    image album upload

I was wondering something, if anybody is good with midi. Would it be possible controlling the Invective and my Fractal FX8 via the Invective FS?

What i mean by that is i would leave my FX8 on top of my amp, short cable runs, and just use the Invective FS to control both the amp functions and FX8.

19. Deadpool_25

Just going off what I read in the manual here so I could be wrong, but...

It depends what you need the FX8 to do. The one negative thing I’ve found about the Invective is that the midi out is not a true through. Meaning the only messages it will pass are messages that were valid for the Invective. From the manual, this is so the Invective FS can control multiple Invectives.

I think as advanced as you’ll be able to get is using the FS in preset mode and having that call up presets in the FX8. In that case you’d be limited to 9 presets. If you need more sounds than that, you’d probably be better off with a dedicated midi foot controller.

Edit: Damn man. Nice stable you’ve got going there!

Edit2: The midi not being a through is easy to work around. If you run out from a midi controller to a device with real midi through, then into the Invective last, it works fine. I tested the Morningstar MC6 through my TC50.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  20. 7 Stringer

God damn, started fiddling with this this morning and bam, no more sound out of the Invective!!! Pressed the master boost and it came back, for 10 seconds, then no more.

Changed speaker cable,guitar cable, unplugged everything, still nothing. No hiss from the pre amp, fuse is good.

Bad tube? Bad pre amp tube? Blown internal fuse?

Weird.