Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

Interesting. They said they had at least some of them arrive. Definitely sucks if this is the case.

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Peavey'd again!

Beheroth likes this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I'd just cancel orders and go for something else if it keeps going from August, to September, and now November... really? It has some interesting features and shit, but it's still just a 5150 with bells and whistles. Buy a 5150. Then buy the bells and whistles. Problem solved.

PBGas likes this.
  4. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

5. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

For real. Get your money back. Then just buy it when it actually comes. You can take that money and spend it tomorow, then possibly save up the same amount of money again by the time the amp actually comes out

6. Spaced Out Ace

This.

7. Deadpool_25

I haven’t spent a dime as of yet so....

8. Ironbird666

Ironbird666 SS.org Regular

Eh, I'm not all that worried about it. I owned a 5150 for well over 20 years so I've been there done that with that family of amps. If it turns out the Invective falls through in a few months I'll get my money back and put it towards another amp. I have an amp I'm pretty happy with for now so I'm ok with waiting for a few months. If this amp turns out to be as good as advertised it will be nearly dream amp levels of awesome for me. A midi switchable 5150? Yes please, I'll take that for sure. I'm cool with waiting a little longer if I have to.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  9. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Apologies for the wait dude, and thank you for your patience. I really do hope you love the amp, I know the easiest way to describe it is a 5150 with a clean channel and MIDI, but when you get it I think you will see that description kinda sells it a bit short haha!

10. Deadpool_25

Exactly. This is why I have it preordered and am keeping it that way.

As for the guys above who say "get your money back," It's going on my Sweetwater card so it hasn't been charged yet anyway. And even if it had, I'd still wait. The delays are a bit frustrating, but it's not like it's keeping me from anything so it's just a minor annoyance. Besides, it's given me an opportunity to sell off a few items I was procrastinating on dumping so that cash is just chilling and waiting to go towards an Invective.

11. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

At this rate we will at least get some more NAMM videos to decide if we want to preorder it!

12. Spaced Out Ace

"Summer NAMM 2018 at the Peavey booth, care to tell us about the Invective?" :lol:

13. Tisca

Tisca SS.org Regular

I'm sure this has been discussed already but too many pages; if it's built in the USA then why does it say only designed and engineered in the USA on it? We all know what that means.

14. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

because California has different laws about branding products made in the USA, and the amp has transistors and capacitors and other electronic parts that are no longer manufactured in the USA. So to meet legal requirements they must change the wording. Stuff like LED bulbs and knobs and junk like that even if all the work is done in USA.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  15. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

This exactly. There are a lot of amp parts that just aren't made in the US anymore, so if you want to keep everything above board you have to be careful about your wording. However, aside from sourcing the individual pieces, these amps are indeed made in Meridian, MS.

This is actually one of the reasons why the amp ends up being more expensive in non US territories, as shipping and customs come into play in the overhead cost.

Deadpool_25 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  16. Tisca

Tisca SS.org Regular

Makes sense, thx. Are any integral parts of it made in the US, like transformers.. anything? If US made only means more expensive labor then why not have them assembled in China and transfer the saving to us.

17. Ironbird666

Ironbird666 SS.org Regular

For sure man! I know I'm selling it a bit short, I've already sat around and thought about the possibilities with the just the clean channel (boost off/on) alone. I use a MIDI switcher/looper with my pedals so I'm pretty damn stoked about what I'll be able to do with this amp! I play in a black/death metal band and we go from full out heavy to more ambient moments so I truly believe this amp will deliver everything I need PLUS more. I'll gladly wait a little longer.

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  18. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i personally would have cancelled the pre order and got my money back. BUT thats just how I am as a person. I hate waiting etc. That isnt a dig on the product. Im sure its great. I would just cancel and buy it when it finally drops If I still wanted it.

Unleash The Fury likes this.
  19. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

That's good news, I wouldn't pay 1600 for a Chinese amp. I was really worried it was Chinese because it said "Designed and Engineered in USA".

OTH, if they are using Chinese parts, what is the difference between a Chinese amp and one built in MS? To that, I don't have the answer.

20. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

I've listened to the demos, sounds great clean, lots of gain obviously, but can it get a saturated clean on the edge of breakup, depending on how hard you play? Or can it get a mild gain that cleans up when you play soft?

I was surprised the Peavey Valve King couldn't do that well (imo), neither could any of their Ultras, and it wasn't a strength of the 5150 either.

If it can do the low and mid gain well, I would definitely get one of these.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017