Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

The guy at guitar center just told me they are expecting delivery on the 29th. Their website says available on the 18th, which was yesterday. Seems like every time there is a new date for availability posted it gets pushed back, this has happened 3-4 times now. I understand the delays, etc with launching a new product. I just wish there was a way to get a definitive answer on what is actually happening. Why is sweetwater saying they are on the way? Why is GC telling me the 29th, telling you Oct 10th, and their website saying yesterday? That is the frustrating aspect.

PrestoDone likes this.
  2. NickVicious24

NickVicious24 Dutchie

Nice playthrough/lesson of "The Way The News Goes", with the invective and HT6

Dineley, Deadpool_25 and PrestoDone like this.
  3. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

Not to derail the thread but did i see him do some of the triplets starting with an upstroke? (I always wonder how many people do triplet chugging starting each triplet with a downstroke. Or if some people alternate them)

4. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

This video is awesome and makes me even more excited for the Invective. I'm also a huge fan of bands like Plini, Scale the Summit, David Maxim Micic, The Contortionist, etc. and this seems to be nailing those types of tones.

A couple of notes on the video:

1. The intro riff is using the clean channel with the boost on. I don't know what boost the clean channel's is based on (if any) but I like it. A lot. I see why Misha does as well. If I'd just listened and guessed, I'd have guessed the crunch channel with low gain.

2. @bulb, looks like you're in preset mode on the footswitch? Do you have a couple of different Timeline settings kicking in via MIDI? What was the setup on the Timeline?

3. I noticed you used the lead channel for the "Happy, heavy" riff :) during the lesson section, but the crunch channel when playing in the mix. Can you discuss that briefly?

Dude, I'm pretty sure you have a serious winner with this amp. I can not F***ing wait to get it.

PrestoDone and NickVicious24 like this.
  5. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Clean with boost sounded cool. Almsot like Bill Kellihers deacription of clean in his butterslax demo.

Would love to see how it cleans up more pristine. Either way sounds killer.

Misha I must ask now that you have this amp that clearly meets all your needs do you feel less drawn to the axe fx? Or do the other conveniences such as protools switching and direct to front of house make it something you cant abandon even with an amp youre crazy about?

lewis likes this.
  6. Deadpool_25

Do you mean how the clean sounds without the boost, or how it cleans up using the guitar's volume knob with the boost on?

7. Deadpool_25

Oops, another question. Was this using full or half power mode?

8. bnzboy

bnzboy youtube.com/bnzboy

I understand the frustration man. I went through a similar situation with my PRS Holcomb order. 2 months delay felt like 2 years!

My assumption: the amp is already good to go (manufactured and packaged) but at some point someone is holding back the entire chain. Delivery guys? Lawyers? Mrs. Peavey? Who knows? When this happens, unfortunately in many businesses, no one party can be 100% responsible for the hold up and it is quite tricky to find out. You need to understand that some stores might be frustrated just as much as you are; they are here to sell, not to hold things up for valued customers and get a bad reputation.

Even if they identified the issue, let's say there was an issue at the storage/warehouse, communicating that to customers may or may not be worth it or necessary from the business point of view. Yes, this may potentially cause some cancelled pre-order but we know this whole conversation..

...will be over once the amp is delivered :)

Say what you want to say about being transparent but I am sure Peavey is trying to resolve this frustration asap.

9. Deadpool_25

A sales rep at Sweetwater said that tracking showed that some had been delivered, but they hadn't been accepted into stock yet (meaning they just need to be officially logged into stock before going out to customers). The implication was that some, but not all of the tracking numbers showed delivered to them. He wouldn't say exactly how many had come in, "because it would be all over the forums." Lol. I assume they're watching this thread. They know me too well. ;) Fingers crossed for shipping soon!

bnzboy likes this.
  10. Deadpool_25

Looks like the amps have been sent from Peavey and are actually starting to arrive at distributors.

11. OliOliver

OliOliver SS.org Regular

Sweet Jesus it sounds so goooood

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Deadpool_25 likes this.
  12. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Just the cleanest possible. Without volume knob. Anything gets clean with volume knob

13. Deadpool_25

14. PrestoDone

PrestoDone Cork Sniffer

anyone have any updates on the eta to sweetwater or guitar center??

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  15. Slam5150

Slam5150 SS.org Regular

I talked to Sweetwater a few days ago and they said they’re expecting them very soon. Talked with Chris Kelly at Peavey too and he said Sweetwater is usually the first to get new products.

Deadpool_25 and PrestoDone like this.
  16. Deadpool_25

Some have already arrived at Sweetwater. They’re probably inspecting them before accepting them into stock and shipping them out.

17. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

They'll no doubt be doing the same painstaking inspection they do to their new Ibanez guitars.

"This one has rubber ducks instead of 6L6s"

"That's great, tick it off and send it out"

18. PrestoDone

PrestoDone Cork Sniffer

got some bad news folks...ben my sales engineer from sweetwater just called me to update me. he said the eta has been moved till early november....bummer

19. Ironbird666

Ironbird666 SS.org Regular

Mine hasn't emailed me back or called yet. I'm sure it's because he doesn't want to tell me I'll be paying for this amp for two more months without having it in my possession. Lol. Thanks for the update however crappy it may be man.

20. Slam5150

Slam5150 SS.org Regular

Are you fucking kidding me?! Another month out....again?!?