Peavey Invective 120 - Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

Interesting!! That'll cut down on pedals out front.

2. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

I told them that I wanted two power supplies to be able to power my Strymon Timeline and Big Sky, and put one in each loop and then be able to remotely switch them using the pedal. Because the pedal has a preset mode, and the amp has a midi thru I could also use that pedal to switch presets on the Strymons.

There's a very real possibility that I may move fully to an amp rig and use my Axefx for effects.
    In the meantime, it will be my live poweramp, because we designed the loops to be ULTRA clean for use with modelers, and the Axefx II sounds so goddamn good through the amp's poweramp.

3. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Just to be clear these are 9v neg tip barrel outlets, like a pedal board power supply. Draw is i think 1amp.

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I know. :lol: It's just kinda similar. I imagine the Randall was for basically the same thing.

5. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

That and the Greenback 2x12 and the 6505 powered sub. Holy Shizenberger.

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

well at the very least I had to google a new word today

invective. I shall use it in conversation at the pub tonight

7. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

Kudos to you for keeping it USA
    The features look great. The BK Juggernauts are my #1, so incredible... I am sure the tone on this will be to my liking:shred:

I hope the midi and loop work well with my FX8...want!!!
    I'm gonna blow up in my Madison Square Garage with this!

8. Universe74

Universe74 SS.org Regular

You are not helping.

9. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Just for clarity, the cab has a V30/Creamback H combo because that is still the best speaker combo I have come across. You get the bite and traditional frequency response of the v30, but the harsh edges are softened by the Creamback H and you get more low mids and warmth out of that speaker.

The Greenbacks sound so good, but wattage wise are too much of a mismatch for the v30, so they break up so much faster. The Creamback H at 75 watts breaks up much consistently with the 60w v30 at stage volume, and honestly the way at the volumes we run them, they aren't really breaking up in a bad way.

10. maggotspawn

maggotspawn SS.org Regular

Looks bada$$.

11. stratjacket

stratjacket Lost in a loop

Congrats on the new amp, looks like some great features. Can't wait to hear it. Do you have any youtube demo's coinciding with the release?

12. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

This is disgustingly sick and cool.

You basically eliminated the need for a metal player's pedalboard. Boosts in there, gates, power supplies/MIDI w/presets for delays etc. This thing is gonna rule.

Right the .... on man, damn good job! Any clips for this thing yet?

13. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Not just yet but obviously all of that is coming very soon. We literally just put the finishing touches on this beast and it really has been almost 3 years in the works at this point haha.

14. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

did you name it after the destiny shotgun? :eek:

edit: ALSO CONGRATS DUDE AMP LOOKS ALL SICK

15. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

...i don't know what you are talking about...teehee

Remember when Invective was OP as all hell and the meta in Iron Banner. Well just pretend that the stage and studio are Iron Banner and Crucible right now, because this Invective is way OP, but there is one very big difference:

Bungie can't nerf this.

mikeylewis1291 and Deadpool_25 like this.
  16. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

HAHAHA oh my god

17. BearOnGuitar

BearOnGuitar SS.org Regular

Congrats on the amp Misha! It has some really nice features, I might be in for one myself. Any info on pricing? Looking forward to some sound demos.

18. whosdealin

whosdealin SS.org Regular

I've owned more amps than I would like to admit.... Diezel, Bogner, Friedman, Soldano, Engl, Mesa, etc etc ....My 6505+ has been my go to amp it just sounds so right to me. I also love the original 5150 and the EVH Fender versions. Its amazing how great these amps sound considering the more afordible price points compared to the boutique brands.

Now if this new peavey amp does that sound right with all the added features it has then Misha hit a home run by teaming up with Peavey. Ive always thought that if a 5150 amp with a tubescreamer and ts style boost built in came out it would be the ultimate for me.

Misha can you tell us more about the tubescreamer circuit thats built in ? Also would you say that the voicing of the amp is as aggressive as the original 5150 or is it a bit smother like the 5150 II ? Personally I like the Huge sound the original 5150 has but it can get a bit hairy in certain places , the 5150 II is smoother and tighter.

I'm thinking an amp thats voiced somwehere between the original and the 5150 II would be killer, spinklle in a little added clarity and it would be my dream amp ��

19. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Hey dude, this exact sentiment is why I approached Peavey with this idea.
    To answer your question, we started with the Peavey Block Letter and built up from there. To me that has always been the best sounding of the 5150s, and it always had this super rich harmonic characteristic and this beautiful saturation that I never got from another amp. To my ears, the 5150 II was a bit anemic and sterile sounding by comparison. Also the way the high mids sit on that amp just make it work so magically in rock and metal recordings.

The amp is super aggressive, and the TS style drive on Ch2/3 put it in pissed off mode haha, the super tight gate keeps everything in check, I don't really ever run it higher than halfway up haha!

The Ch1 OD is very different, it kinda started life as a TS but we changed it A LOT because I wanted that to be kind of a sparkly/cranked vintage amp kind of vibe and Ch1 with that on is one of my favorite things to jam on ever.

20. ShadowsfeaR

ShadowsfeaR aka VigilSerus

I'm willing to bet this amp is going to be as hot and pissed off as Invective's ornament Storm's Reproach. :lol: