Peavey 412MS w/ g12k-85

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by jllozano, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jllozano

jllozano SS.org Regular

finally scored one of these cabs on ebay..... i wanted one but always ended up losing at the last minute...anyways finally fot it for 190 shipped......it has the celestion g12k-85 in it... What do you guys think about these old cabs? What heads do you have experience with that match up well with it?

Ketzer and ohio_eric like this.
  2. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

I think that's the cab Mike(eaolian) runs with his Triple Rectifier. Celestion g12k-85 speakers are very sweet. 7 dying trees went on a quest for some a while back and loves them. Old Peavey cabinets are generally very nice and it should work well with about anything you throw at it.

Very nice score especially for $190.

3. jllozano

jllozano SS.org Regular

I already have a vader 412 and an earcandy buzzbomb 212, lets see how this one stacks up to those.....

4. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    Celeastion 85's are the shit, I love them! Really really good speakers. I've got my 85's in an orange cab :D

Took me ages to find a set of 4!

Anyway, they are very cool speakers, very clear, great for tight rythm, really shine with soloing. Work well with high gain amps too, in fact, most amps :)

5. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

It is indeed the cab I run, and I've never found a cab I like better. The G12K-85 is a great speaker for metal - it's like a Mesa C90 with a little brighter top.