Peacocks...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Eric Christian, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

We moved into a house in the same town a couple miles from our other place and guess what there is a flock of "feral" Peacocks that randomly roam around the neighborhood. They were cute for about the first hour and now we've figured out that they're basically just fancy looking Turkeys that make a hideous skreeching noise.

So, the back story is some crazy bird lady several houses down bought a breeding pair here 10 years ago and they multipled up to like 20+ and then some guy from Texas moved in nearby and got sick of their shit and killed all of them. So dingbat broad buys another breeding pair and now theres like 10+ of them and of course she feeds the stupid things in her backyard every evening. Its quite the spectacle really. And of course the entire neighborhood is divided. Some people hate them, some love them. I'm still kind of neutral on them at this point, however I just want them off my roof and out of my yards thats all.

At first they stayed off the property because apparently the previous tenants had a couple bulldogs. Now they've figured out that the bulldogs are gone and they're decimating my wifes prized rare plant collection that took years to grow. So at first wife and kids thought they were cool but now they basically hate them. Again, I could really care less but I have to find a solution.

So I contact the "government" and of course I get the runaround.:wallbash: First I call the Clackamas Sherrif's Office and they basically laugh at me and say theres nothing they can do cause all they do is catch dogs. They do tell me that when the peacocks are on my property they belong to me but they can't tell me what I can or can't do once I catch them. So I call the Oregon State Police and they pretty much tell me to stop wasting their time and call Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife Invasive Species Division. That guy is pretty cool but tells me that peacocks are actually "fowl" and they fall under the jurisdiction of the Oregon Dept. of Agriculture. So I call them and they laugh at me and tell me to call the City of Lake Oswego. I call them and they say even though you have a city address you're actually in unincorporated Clackamas County so call them... lol...:nuts: so at this point I call the Sherrif again and tell them this story and again they say sorry theres nothing they can do except maybe go to a county commmisioners meeting and file a motion or some bullshit. Then they tell me to call the Zoo.

So I'm like what have I got to lose, call the Zoo. The guy is real friendly but laughs his ass off when I ask him if they can come pick the peacocks. He says no thanks the Zoo got rid of all of their peacocks but he won't tell me why but he keeps snickering.:scratch:

So bottom line me here folks. I need some ideas that don't involve me roasting these juicy succulent creatures on my BBQ basted with a Cajun sauce. I need a clean lawful solution to make these things just go away so I can practice and record in peace in my new studio and my wife can have her plants unmolested. And no, a dog is not an option.:noplease:

2. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

Get a pet wolf.

3. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

Id say having wild peacocks in the neighborhood would make for great drunken/grassy entertainment.

Let the birds be freeeeee!

4. Cabinet

Cabinet :O

I'd say you hire someone to...neutralize them...

No but really, um...is there some kind of deterrent you can use?

5. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

Gun.

Problem. Solved.

If you don't want to shoot them, get a super loud air horn and chase the fuckers whenever they come near your property!

6. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

I think peacocks are wonderful, but this man gave the award winning piece of advice.:hbang:

7. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Or, a ferocious german shepherd, which is practically a wolf. He will guard your gear from theft too!

They are masters of disguise as well, hell mine even tried to blend in with the parrots.

[​IMG]

Pooluke41 likes this.
  8. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

9. Pooluke41

Pooluke41 H. Maddas

Excellent idea, we have five german shepards in our home and I've never seen any peacocks get in. :cool:

10. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

For real though I think there's a device people put in their yards that emits a really high frequency sound that drives animals away.
    Contact O4P.

11. nostealbucket

nostealbucket aint no gahdam woman

I have peacocks on my farm (I don't own them). They're assholes. Don't eat them. Peacock tastes like shit.
    I've found an effective way of dealing with them would be: 1. A dog. It doesn't matter what kind. It just has to be moderately large. I have a black lab. Works all the time.
    2. A simple airsoft gun. Unless its like 370 fps, it won't hurt them. It just freaks them out. They'll learn after a while.
    3. Kill them. Breed foxes. Peacocks are a waste of space in the end.

12. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

This is probably the only reliable method without causing trouble.

13. Xaios

Xaios <b><font color="#C6FF00">Foolish Mortal</font></b>

[​IMG]

Someone had to. ;)

14. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

Fixed!

15. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Sounds like bulldogs worked for the previous tenant. Pick up a couple of your own. The peacock problem will go away, plus D'AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

[​IMG]

16. nostealbucket

nostealbucket aint no gahdam woman

Thanks for your concern... But I think thats ASS cock your talking about. And none of that prolapsed colon bullshit.
    Everyone knows pee cock tastes like pee! :agreed: Silly billy.

17. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

If a dog is not an option, this is probably your best choice.

Although I would like to add that it seems strange to me that all those places you called basically laughed at you. Not entirely professional.

18. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

One of the people I talked to said there are several other flocks of peacocks around Portland so it wouldn't surprise me if they get lots of calls. I think everyone in the government is probably fatigued by the calls every week so its my perspective that they pretty much just think "here we go again"...

19. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

Fuck the po-leez, kill them all. That inconsiderate bitch will run out of money eventually.

EDIT: Says the vegan. :ugh:

EDIT AGAIN: Seriously though, if they keep coming on your property and causing damage, call someone and get them to fine the shit out that dumbass lady. Her birds, her responsibility.

20. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

Thats just the thing. There is no "someone" to call. Every single law enforcement agency and government agency has basically ignored and brushed off my complaints about these birds. Apparently there are no State, County or City rules that apply to them.