PC build help/guides

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by UnderTheSign, Feb 21, 2017.

1. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

I'm looking at building a new system this summer and a while ago, someone here posted this handy site that listed all parts next to eachother in a "upper tier, great, lower tier, etc" format/table.

Any suggestions as to what's decent now, and anyone who knows what that site was? Can't find it anymore :lol:

2. Malevolent_Croatian

Malevolent_Croatian SS.org Regular

Wait for full AMD Ryzen reviews. Looks promising so far and could possibly be a better alternative to intel's newest generation chips.

3. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Yeah, I was just reading about those. I'm somewhat out of touch when it comes to parts and usually just hop on gpuboss or whatever benchmark site to compare them.

Seeing as I get an extra payout sometime in May, I'll be shopping for stuff around then. I hope/assume the current cards and processors will have come down in price a little by then. Although strangely enough, the GTX 980 cards are only $100 cheaper than the 1080 over here right now. Price differences seem to be bigger in North America.

Also, I found the site I was thinking of again!
    http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Edit: I realise I've been sort of vague in my OP. I was mostly hoping someone would link me to Logical Increments again :lol:
    But, maybe we can turn this into another PC build thread if there aren't too many of those yet. Right now I only have an ancient desktop and a laptop running an i5, 12GB and GT 750M which runs most game I play right now (Fallout 4, GTA V, lots of WoW again lately) fine on medium 1080p but I'd like to go at least ultra 1440p with WoW and preferably high/ultra 1080p on the other games as well as get into some titles to be released this year like the new Mass Effect. I also hate shopping for new parts so preferably something that'll keep me going smoothly for ~3yrs would be fun :lol:

4. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Just go to /r/buildapc and post your budget and the guys will hand you a list of what you need.

5. Malevolent_Croatian

Malevolent_Croatian SS.org Regular

Prices will be dropping for sure soon. The next few months will likely represent the biggest shift in the home computer industry in over 10 years. (since Intel's intro to their Core2Duo CPU's). Intel might respond aggressively as well before the end of the year, and then we can look forward to a new high end CPU war! YAY!