Path of Exile: Ascendancy

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by tacotiklah, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Oh yeah, Ascendancy and the new perandus league drop today in about 4 1/2 hours as I type this (so 12pm PST).

You can now collect perandus coins to buy uniques from perandus himself. New skills like sunder and earthquake are coming too. :3

Here's the 2.2 patch notes for anyone that wants to read them:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596094/page/1

2. tacotiklah

Brethren, dost thou even shekel?...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tacotiklah

I'm sad because it feels like no one on here seems to like this game. :lol:
    I'm still a big fan and the improvements are getting better and better. I had some frustrations early on given the bugs with the perandus mobs, but those have been fixed and now they are getting ready to release the next league with improvements to both RAM usage, server issues, and a new sound setup so that it doesn't affect gameplay negatively. If there's one thing that gets me to like a game company, it's when they are willing to admit mistakes and work as quickly as they can to improve upon them. Props to GGG for that.

The highlight of this season for me will remain when I managed to chance a pair of skyforth boots. For those that don't play, it's one of the absolute rarest items you can get in the game. There are chance orbs you find while you play and when you use them on the right base item, it upgrades it to a random rarity (blue = magic, yellow = rare, gold/orange = unique, with rarity being in that order from most common to least common). To put it into perspective, you have a better chance of finding an infinity pistol as a natural drop in Borderlands 2 than you do of chancing a pair of skyforth boots in path of exile. And I managed to do it somehow and got a ton of in game currency when I traded it. Spent it all on unidentified GG uniques so that I can complete enough challenges to get the league-only portal effect, but since the money won't carry over to the next league, I felt it would just be wasted when the character slot gets moved to standard. So it was worth it to spend it.

I dunno if anyone will even read this, but if you haven't tried Path of Exile out yet, do so. It's addicting as all hell and unlike with other action RPGs, it gets better with each league. They're always added expansions and new content for people to do. It does have a bit of a learning curve (like the fact that rare items are more useful to your build 8/10 times takes getting used to if you normally play games that make all uniques gg items) and it can seem pretty unforgiving at times. But once you get the hang of it, the build diversity and ways of playing all the classes is insane. Been going hard on it for a few months now and can't seem to put it down.

Even when I get burned out on it and log out, a new build idea with some mechanics that I want to test and/or possibly abuse hits me and I'm logged right back in and leveling up a new character for it. Next league starts on the 3rd and it's a free game. You don't have to buy anything to play and it is completely funded by cosmetic microtransactions that don't affect gameplay at all.

4. GodOfChugs

GodOfChugs SSO's Chugmeister

I played this game for a little bit before I got Diablo III and I honestly loved it, I didn't get very far and the layout was a little strange but I have this thing where I hate playing games alone nowadays.

If you'd like someone to play with every now and again, I'm down!

5. mrspacecat

mrspacecat SS.org Regular

Man I haven't played PoE since the last act came out. I consolidated to only one real build, and I didn't have any desire to level up any other characters.
    I might have to check it out again, it definitely is one of the best (if not the best) mmorpgs on the market (free or not).

6. shredfreak

shredfreak SS.org Regular

well that looks interesting enough to play again for a while :hbang:

Feel like making a duelist for a change.