Panama Shaman II

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by ZERO1, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ZERO1

ZERO1 SS.org Regular

Hey fellas so I am going to college soon. I plan to take a guitar or two, but I need an amp rig to take with me. At home I have My 5150 III, but it's much to big and I don't plan to take it with me. It will surely be missed. So I was looking at mini heads. One that I was interested in the most is the Panama Shaman II. That one specifically because it has two channels with independent eq for each channel with a couple of different voicings. It is said to be a huge improvement over the original. The problem is there is basically no reviews of the improved version II only the original one and no guitar shop remotely near me carries them. So I was wondering if any of you had experience with the brand or even better specifically this model. Essentially what im trying to find is a mini head with good cleans and a good amount of gain on tap that doesnt break the bank. thanks guys

P.s. The other mini heads I was looking at was the Panama Fuego x and the Peavey 6505 Mh. So if any of you have experience with these feel free to give your opinion on these as well. Thanks

2. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

My ink guy at work just got a Fuego X and loves the shit out of it. Says he likes the clean channel better than his Baseman. Sorry I can't shed any light on the Shaman though. Keep checking for clips.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  3. ZERO1

ZERO1 SS.org Regular

It's all good. Any insight is helpful. Plus the fuego x is on my radar as well. So it was helpful. thanks man

4. ctgblue

ctgblue finally got seven

I have spent some time with the Ironball, 5150LBX, 6505 LBX, and Mesa Recto Mini.
    For metal tones, I found the 6505LBS to be the winner, where I swore it was going to be the 5150 or Ironball.
    The clean is.. well.. 6505, the crunch is what it's normally like.

For my money, I'd look for a used H&K TB18 or TB36 and use a tube screamer. I thought the tone was better than any of the others and they just need a 'little boost' to make it metal. The built in power soak works better than others too.

Also, the new Jet city 22, while sharing an EQ, has an awesome OD channel and is supposed to clean up much better than previous versions. I had one, and all I had to do for 'death metal', was a danelectro EQ in the loop.. Save enough money to get a good delay/looper pedal AND multi-modulation pedal.....

Elric likes this.
  5. ZERO1

ZERO1 SS.org Regular

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it

6. ZERO1

ZERO1 SS.org Regular

Wanted to update this thread. I actually ended up getting the newest shaman model called the shaman extra. I played around with it a couple a days, trying to get a good sound out if it. While I was able to get a pretty good clean sound, I was not able to for the high gain channel. I tried for several hours playing with the eq knobs and nothing. It gets super fizzy, I am quite disappointed. Anyways I am going to keep looking for something better. Going to return this head. If anyone has any other heads to recommend, feel free to chime in.

7. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

That sucks man. I hear the Fuego X is great. I've got my eyes on the EVH LBXII. Loved the blue channel of my 50 watt, and the cleans seem great.