Paintball anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SAWitall, Oct 20, 2010.

1. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

for anyone that says paintball isnt a sport i object...theres leagues, media coverage, pro teams even!

so who here has ever before enjoyed the game of paintball way beyond the rental day to enjoy it as more than a pastime?

2. MrRedRaider

MrRedRaider SS.org Regular

Wish I could.. unfortunately you need several other people that enjoy it as much or more than you do. Not a very abundant sport. My sport is cycling.. at least you can do it yourself.. haha.

3. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

dam i havent painballed in a while, its so much fun and good exercise too

4. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negativeā„¢

YES!

Although I have full gear, never managed to use it since 2008! :lol:

lack of people/interest/fields sucks..

my country sucks...

it sucking fucks

5. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

I've played some woodsball and scenario games here and there, but I'm about to really to get into paintball soon. So far, I'm getting equipment ready, like multicam camo, because I'd rather use as little rental gear as possible. It'll be a while till I get myself a gun though because I only like the high-end markers.
    I eventually want to go to Oklahoma D-Day. 2000+ vs. 2000+! I've been doing some running now that it's cooled off outside so I can get ready to join the German 1056th Marine-Einsatzkommando for D-Day in 2011 or 2012, or both.
    I haven't looked into it much, but Living Legends sounds like a lot of fun too.

6. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

yeah the popularity has died DOWN since the economy collapsed needless to say its cool..i wish they had scenarios out here. i used to be into the tournament scene BIG time. so big my guitars collected dust, ddays gonna be a blast hopefully

oh btw youd be happy to see how advanced markers have come in the past few years. high end could be had for like 300 dollars

7. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

i hear ya. cracked lens on my mask; marker thats solenoid is UCKED FUP..broken hopper and a high pressure air tank that leaks, and pants and jersey collecting dust

8. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

I happen to live in the only state in Australia where it is illegal :(

That said, I played it once in Sydney and it fucking rules!

9. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

damn that sucks mate...

i cant believe its even banned like that. it is fun as hell isnt it?

off topic- sydney looks like san fransisco on the opposite side of the world from what i remember :lol:

10. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

Fun as hell, and the bruises look awesome :hbang:

and yeah pretty much, except the bridge is black and it isn't the gay capital of the world :p

11. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

more ladies for the straight guys :yesway::yesway:

btw opera house=most expensive souvenir place of any historical landmark ive ever been to.

back on topic, too bad the game (sport, w/e) is soo expensive. its seriously fun as hell. you gotta have the gear and still pay for the paint and on top of that field fees, air...etc...but like driving a sports car or shreddin a jem the price is JUST RIGHT

12. silentrage

silentrage The DeRailer

Guys, is there such thing as a decent quality replica marker that doesn't cost too much?

I'm thinking if I can get one that looks just like a tactical M4 from CoD6 and fires paintballs reasonably well, it would be a good deal because it's a marker and a replica.

13. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

yeah man look around...i think at the cheapest they have are the u.s army guns they look realistic but still have an air tank and loader on top. thatll kind of knock the realism down a bit.

whats your budget? on the higher end a r.a.p (real action paintball)4 is designed to look and feel as close to the real thing as possible.

on the lower end are these

US Army Paintball Guns

14. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

I was thinking of something as high end as the new Bob Long G6R. 20+ pods on a single air tank (even if it's a 90 cubic inch, but I'm not sure if it was) is more money spent in the short run, less in the long run. It's about $850.

This is nothing more than my :2c:. But I do think this is info that not everyone knows.
    I've played with (rented) Tippmann X7's for a good while until I started renting the field's Ego 08's. Tournament markers are much lighter than most or all replica guns and can fire much faster (like the Dye NT's 30+ balls per second... not required, but it's good in case you need it). It sucks carrying a fully customized X7 around after a while because of the weight. Tournament markers also have a smaller profile and can be used in woodsball/scenario AND on tournament types of courses, from speedball to X-ball. Mil-sim markers are not so great for tournament courses because the hopper tends to be off to the side and make your profile wider. A5's and X7's have a horrible profile with the football sized hoppers.
    It's nice to be able to look cool, but it's a good feeling to be perform better than anyone else on a woodsball field just because you're using very lightweight tournament grade gear. Tournament grade gear is durable too.

15. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

I just now saw this.

16. SAWitall

SAWitall SS.org Regular

exactly, scenario markers have the milsim realism factor but that doesnt really help with performance. ive always loved playing with tournament gear, used to have a tournament electro but i broke it. good to see now that electronic markers(guns) have gotten cheaper...what i meant with high end getting cheap is the dangerous power line and invert mini. super light anti-chop breakbeam eyes and both the dangerous power g4 and invert mini weigh in at 2 lbs and get around 1200-1500 shots off a 68 cubic air tank.

17. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i used to play paintball in the early 0late nineties. i like airsoft more now.

18. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

New Dye gear! They're finally getting "tactical".

19. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

this is a thread i can get behind!
    i've only played for a year, but i got hooked the first time i played it, and then proceeded to research the sport and bought all my own stuff (mostly stuff on clearance).
    i love scenario playing and fully intend on playing living legends in 2011. i would be playing on weekends and stuff right now if it weren't for the fact i fractured my ankle.
    i also love playing tournament style and would jump on the chance to play on a team someday.. but im not good enough yet lol

20. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

You could play woodsball on the weekends now if you're not on crutches. Just hang back a good bit. It'll help for you to use a barrel that can fit an Apex tip so you can get extra range or hit people behind cover.
    I broke my ankle when I was 13. Here I am 22, and I still have 3 screws in it.