OVERWATCH

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by leftyguitarjoe, May 20, 2016.

1. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Ahh yes, time for another event so we can collect meaningless skins!

Some cool ones though, and more PVE arcade stuff too, veddy ghud veddy ghud!

Thoughts?

2. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

I never really care about the events, I never played the junkenstein even once lol. But skins are always fun. Buy biggest for me is the Lucio update, since I play him most of all in competitive, I think the changes will suit my play style quite well!

3. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

I rather like the event, you should give it a go if you have one or two friends who also play. We have a group of four and we're grinding the achievements. Probably won't get the legendary difficulty one, but otherwise we're having a good time with it. A nice little distraction from the sometimes-too-much that is competitive/QP.

Certainly more fun than I had with Junkenstein's revenge, though it could be because I like the hero selection more, and I have a decent pool of friends to play with now compared to then. Also, in "any hero," Zen, Rein, Orisa, Bastion absolutely slays. I had a ....load of credits saved up from the last event/all the crates/duplicates I got since, so I managed to unlock just about everything worthwhile. Still have a decent amount of credits to buy the silly little sprays and stuff with too.

Really excited about the Lucio changes too. I played a fair bit of him on PTR, and he's definitely a blast to play. I just hope it doesn't get to the point where you're having such a blast you kind of forget to do your job. (Kind of like a noob rein going all out with his hammer kind of thing.)

I hope they integrate a lot of these event things into arcade. I was playing the game alone when lucio ball was a thing, so I never played that. Would love to try it now with some friends. Same with Junk's revenge, though I did play a few games of that. Hell, I hope they'll continue making neat little PvE lore type missions. This game has seen quite a bit of really neat content since release, and I think it's damn cool.

4. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

I tried the PvE thing last night, had a lot of fun with it :) but it definitely seems to me that if you wanted to play the higher difficulties you need a real team, tried to do hard 4 times and each time we failed at the second control point because the Reinhardt was about a thousand miles away charging things for fun.

5. Señor Voorhees

We we're trying to get our "play as each of the four" achievement when we played hard the first time. We failed like four times at the payload activation because we were all on heroes we never play. Our rein was doing exactly what you said, and our tracer couldn't wrap their head around blinking to close gaps/flank.

Team work helps, and playing the hero you're most comfortable with helps. I'm mediocre at all but tracer. I'm way too tempted to drop shield with rein, and my mercy game is embarassing.

6. Malkav

I seem to main Mercy and Lucio most of the time, I have like 2 hours more in each of those characters than any of my others, so if you're looking for a medic sometime ;)

As a Mercy it's super frustrating when you're standing around the objective backing up your Torbjorn and your Tracer and Rein have pissed off around the corner somewhere and are complaining cause they need healing but they're so far away from the objective that even when they get into your line of sight they still aren't close enough to glide too, and Mercy's glide goes so far so they were WAY out of position XD

Also as a question of mechanics, if I play Mercy and I use my damage boost on a Torbjorn does that by proxy make his turret do more damage?

I tried the any hero mode and immediately picked a Bastion cause it seemed like the kind of scenario he'd have an unfair advantage on, the rest of the team was a Zen, Orisa and Soldier, ended the game with 84% kill participation and something like 48k damage done XD

7. Señor Voorhees

I was curious about boosting torb too. I doubt it boosta his turret though. In this event I focused mainly on boosting tracer, and rein if stuff got too close to payload and he needed to swing the hammer.

I still prefer tracer even in comp/qp. Fwiw, I do sort of venture out, but I never expect the healer to follow. I have some sustain, and I'll come back to mercy for healing. Also, i don't venture too far out. Especially since if you die out too far, the risk of revival is too much.

8. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

So i gave the event a try and its pretty damn fun! I've been grinding boxes but got nothing so far.
    Just managed to beat it on legendary with Mercy, and we had Orisa, Soldier and a Bastion. Many close calls!

9. Malkav

Anybody been enjoying the new map? And the buffs to McCree and Reaper? And the Roadhog nerf? :3

Also if you're looking for some amusing Overwatch related content this guy's channel is pretty good:

And this guy as well:

Though he's got a bit more of an angry drunk vibe going on, and he's vulgar if that's an issue, but the advice is pretty solid.

Apologies if they're mentioned before, didn't check :)