Other PEDALS similar to ampli-firebox

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Gmork, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

The new ampli-firebox pedal seems really cool! I could essentially replace every pedal on my board with it!
    Any other pedals similar to this?

In youtube vids the ampli firebox lacks a powerful punchy lowend but it seems most people have the bass set quite low. Plus youtube vids suck for judging sound. But yeah what else is out there thats similar?

2. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

Depends on how you mean "similar". Do you mean size? IR loading feature ? Multi-amps & effects ? Zoom has the MS-100B but it's not going to sound as good as the AmpliFire. Other than that, Tech21 has the FlyRig pedals that have built in Delay & Reverb but you can't change the "amp" as it were & they're also a little bigger. There's also the Tech 21 GT-2 which has 3 amps, 3 gain levels for each & 3 "mic placement" settings but it has no extra effects..

So, yeah, there are some that share similarities to it but there's nothing I can think of that are exactly like it.

3. devastone

devastone SS.org Regular

There are the Mooer mini preamps, 2 channel modeling amps with cab sims you can turn on or off but no IR loading or additional effects.

4. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

In most YouTube videos they have the unit dialed in for recording, which usually means cutting the bass. How punchy it sounds depends entirely on what you connect it to and how you set it up. Right now I don't know of any other unit in pedal format that is quite as compact and easy to use.

Spinedriver likes this.
  5. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

I think im going to have to go for it. Would be awesome to have just the firebox and my quiter on my board!

6. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I was seriously looking at getting one this past x-mas but since I already have a GSP1101, Pod X3, MXR 5150 OD as well as a Bogner Red pedal, I kinda figured it'd be a bit redundant. (Not to mention that it's $400 on top of that). I did end up getting a good deal on a Boss GT-1 because even a Dunlop mini volume pedal is $170, so why not get a volume pedal and a looper at the same time for just a little bit more, not to mention the Terra Echo & all the other effects it has.

That being said, if my GSP ever dies, I'll definitely be looking at one of those to replace it with.