Ormsby Guitars: "GTR run" (Possibility for lefties!!!)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Finalformsora3, Feb 26, 2015.

1. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp Ormsby nutter

Big one coming this week!
    [​IMG]

2. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Well I wasn't too far off with the "blood splatter/slaughter burst" comment on the facebook group! That looks mean as fvck. And the ocean fade is just perfect. Are these going to be available as 6 & 7 in both colors?

3. ormsby guitars

ormsby guitars SS.org Regular

Yes. Wait until you see the close up design renders ;)

4. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp Ormsby nutter

:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shark Limited Edition 2017 Run.
    General public preview and dealer early release.
    --
    Over 10 years ago we created a handmade custom shop guitar known as ‘The Shark’. A single-cut, exotic timber model with distinct shark inlays and a shark F-hole as part of the guitar’s semi-hollow construction. It was a striking piece that has gone on to become as synonymous with the brand as birds are to PRS. This year we see the evolution of the species with our new SX GTR Shark Limited model.
    Utilizing one of our most popular guitar shapes, we’ve taken the modern style of our SX Multiscale and incorporated the beauty and high calibre specifications of its single-cut custom predecessor. A chambered semi-hollow Mahogany body with a Maple top and Quilt Maple veneer is at the core of the tone of this model, with the distinctive shark F-hole adorning the top. The neck features a 3-piece Fame Maple construction with Ebony pinstripes, paying true homage to the original. The Ebony fretboard is inlaid with our ‘school of sharks’ in Mother of Pearl, and completed with an Ebony headstock cap. Ivoroid binding is used for the body and neck for that perfect extra touch.
    For even the most avid tone chasers who demand versatility from their instruments, the Hot Rock A8 humbucker and Apex A5 single coil pickups designed in our custom shop deliver, with push/pull coil taps added for extra tonal variety. As with all our guitars, custom hardware by Hipshot Products USA is used for our bridge, locking tuners and controls, so you’ll stay blissfully in tune.
    ​
    The SX GTR Shark Limited is an endangered species and only 250 will be made available worldwide in two unique finishes - Ocean Dream and Blood Bath.
    Shark Limited Edition 2017 Specifications
    DIMENSIONS
    Scale length details:
    Six string: 25.5 - 27.5"
    Seven string: 25.5 - 27.8"
    Body dimensions (thickness): 47mm
    Neck shape: 19.0mm @ 1st, 21.0 @ 17th, D shape with round shoulders. AKA "thin U",
    HARDWARE
    Hipshot custom bridge, with Ormsby branded Hipshot locking tuners. Hipshot, because we love them so much, also supply the light weight alloy control knobs with rubber rings.
    TONE
    Our own Hot Rock A8 Humbucker features pride of place in the bridge position, with an Apex A5 single coil in the neck. Both of these pickups are made to our own specifications by our partners in Korea. 500k pots for volume and tone (tone also has push/pull functionality) and a 3 way toggle switch.
    FINISH
    All finishes are GLOSS bodies with SATIN lacquer necks.
    PRICING
    6 string: $2149 AUD
    7 string: $2199 AUD
    ​(interest free payment plans available)
    WHAT'S INCLUDED?
    Obviously, a guitar [​IMG]:) But you'll also get a moulded hardcase, with some special case candy.
    SHIPPING
    We can ship worldwide.
    USA/CANADA/MEXICO $150 AUD
    WESTERN EUROPE $150 AUD
    AUSTRALIA $49 AUD
    Other countries ARE available, please contact us for pricing, but expect around the $170 mark
    ETA
    July/August 2017. As we now have monthly build spots locked in, we forsee zero delays in production.
    BODY: Chambered Mahogany with a solid Maple top, then fitted with a Premium Quilt Maple veneer, and Ivoroid binding
    NECK: Laminated Flame Maple with Ebony pinstripes, set neck. HEADSTOCK FACE: Ebony​
    NECK SHAPE: 19.0 @ 1st - 21 @ 17th D shape
    FRETBOARD: Ebony
    FRETWIRE: Jumbo Stainless Steel
    INLAY: Mother of Pearl "Sharks"
    SIDE DOTS: Black
    HARDWARE COLOUR: Black
    BRIDGE: Custom Hipshot, string through body
    MACHINEHEADS: Hipshot Locking (Ormsby branded)
    ELECTRONICS: 500k Volume, 500k Tone with Push/Pull + 3 way toggle switch
    PICKUPS: Hot Rock A8 Bridge humbucker, Apex A5 Neck single coil.
    CASE: Included (Moulded case)
    CASE CANDY: Custom designed matching leather strap + more
    https://www.ormsbyguitars.com/dealers.html
    Our worldwide dealers are limited to 8 guitars each. Public release goes live from us in 7 days. Website with info is password protected until then. [​IMG]

5. MAJ Meadows SF

Good lord! Those are freaking epic with killer specs! Ocean Fade 6, Blood Bath 7. Gotta happen. Man I wish those pickup clips were working. Maybe it's time to hire some young local riffer to record some new ones? Just a thought.

What else is there to say? These are EPIC!!! Patience paid off waiting for these!

So when can I buy stock in Ormsby? I'm going to have enough GTRs and customs to justify.

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Ok wait, so how do I get myself involved? Do I sign up for a FB group? Also, any of those going to be non-fanned? (Curious more than anything) though that would turn 4 SKU's into 8 and may be ridiculous.

7. MAJ Meadows SF

Yes, sign up for the GTR Group on Facebook, and/or contact a dealer through the listed dealers on the Ormsby Guitars website (link above in the run description). All of these are fanned, two colors, both available in 6 or 7 string.

8. ormsby guitars

Most dealers have either sold out, or nearly sold out.

Public release will be in the fb group before anywhere else.

No standard frets this time but they will be offered in the gtr range again soon.

9. MAJ Meadows SF

Yeah totally had to reserve one just in case. I work this Sunday, so no risk shall be taken! SX 6 Ocean Dream locked down!

10. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

Is it tough to get in the group? I'm still waiting on Facebook.

11. ormsby guitars

Just cancel and reapply. Sometime fb glitches. Make sure your profile is viewable so the mods can see you're not a spammer.

12. MAJ Meadows SF

Also locked in an Bloodbath SX7 Shark. This year is a lot of Ormsby for me! Who is got in on this unreal Shark run?

13. patsanger

patsanger SS.org Regular

Locked in an Ocean 6 string!

14. curlyvice

curlyvice SS.org Regular

Ocean 6 coming my way! Can't believe the run didn't sell out sooner.