Ormsby Guitars: "GTR run" (Possibility for lefties!!!)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Finalformsora3, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Finalformsora3

Finalformsora3 Banned

So Perry and a few others folks in general and a few lefties and myself, were discussing a little about a run of Ormsby's new production line of guitars being made in the works! These guitars/designs are being discussed within the Ormsby guitars group! (The SXGTR and HypeGTR).

Also, if you are not left-handed, just feel free to take part in the discussion or the group!

Eventually, we may need to make a poll in the group for lefties when we get enough members to join! Perry WILL MAKE a left handed production run if enough interested is granted!! From what he states.

These guitars will be substantial quality being built and at a HIGHLY reduced cost from Perry's new team he will be entrusting his blueprints with. (we are talking roughly about $1200 USD - $1600 AUD for a quality made guitar (even the fanned frets and possibly multi scale along with finish choices and woods etc. ) To know his production line will be made by a team, and the quality control/inspecting will be done by Perry Ormsby as well, is too hard to not pass this up!

Anyone who knows Perry Ormsby and how he works on his guitars and his business in general; knows he is one of the most talented/trusted luthiers out there. (Easily on the top of the bracket with the best guitar brands/luthiers we know)

(Also to keep back on topic! I can't do it alone! If you are a lefty, and you know how hard it is to get an amazing quality made multi-scale (or) guitar and the other likes of the designs being made and talked about (unless you custom spec. order it.) Please join the cause!)

As for other folks! Right-Handed and Left-Handed alike! Please feel free to join the Facebook group and also get your lefty friends and others invited for a huge discussion!

Facebook Group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/743881065725837/

Ormsby Guitars Link:

https://www.facebook.com/ormsbyguitars

This could become a guitar possibly toward our specs. of choice and our choice of votes as well! Please feel free to discuss!

[Here is one of the guitar prototype designs/works!]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MetalMike04 and MAJ Meadows SF like this.
  2. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

I love the community contribution idea. I'm still holding on for a SXL, but NOBODY can argue with the GTR idea.

3. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

Hypemachine GTR please!

4. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp Ormsby nutter

I wish you lefties all the best!

So much spunk! I am very excited to see how the community is choosing colours.
    [​IMG]

5. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Only in 6 strings?

6. capoeiraesp

Nope, 7's as well.

7. Axayacatl

Axayacatl SS.org Regular

ORMSGASMIC

8. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

6/7 to start. If everything goes well 8 strings may be coming eventually. Lots of great information in the Facebook group.

9. MetalMike04

MetalMike04 Lefty cursed...

7 string?
    fanned fret?
    under $2k?
    AND LEFTY!?!

Im all over this!

10. Finalformsora3

Finalformsora3 Banned

Looks like our general music discussion topic has been moved to the group run section!
    (I was hoping to keep it in the general discussion just in case, Perry posts here on this side of the forum! ) Nonetheless! Thank you mods!

I really hope we get the HypeGTR option at least if the left-handed production falls through! (I love the SX as much as the Hype as well! ) The price justified is so hard/rare to come by for the quality given! I seriously am wanting to buy one just talking about it! I have played on a few multi-scales in the past (which a few folks in my town have) and they feel incredible!

I know right!? Fanned frets and multi scales is so hard/rare to come by let alone the specs. and the SXGtr/HypeGtr (design) and color of choice! The ergonomics, easier intonation, and the easier tension across the whole fretboard with the multi-scale/fanned frets. I am really excited as well!

So far for color choices on the (SXgtr) the interceptor black (matt) is winning by 6 votes!
    And for the (HypeGtr) the Azure blue color by 16 votes! (I voted for the azure blue as well! LOL )

11. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Not gonna lie, while lurking the ormsby updates lately, I actually liked that solid blue one the best over all the exotic wood ones. There's something to be said about simplicity.

12. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

Got stiff when he said he's considering bringing guitars into the EU via Guitar Candy to avoid the massive taxation of the end customer during private imports! That's awesome!

13. ormsby guitars

ormsby guitars SS.org Regular

Wow, thanks guys.

This has certainly been a long time coming... 18 months. Im trying to keep the pricing in that $1600AUD/1200USD range (worldwide) so we are ultra competitive, with the Multiscale and a set of decent pickups chucked in as well.

There are some options Id love to offer, but we need to streamline the process first, then play with the specs. But that doesn't mean we don't have lots of things up for discussion :)

We should have everything finalised in the group in a week or so. Then prototypes get built/approved, then production (3 months).

I think I may have to put my foot down with a couple colour selections.... you guys must be colour blind!!

14. olejason

olejason SS.org Regular

I'm pumped for this. A lot of people in the group are going absolutely nuts with the questions and stuff though, it has gotten to be pretty obnoxious with the amount of impatience. I kind of feel bad for Perry but at the same time it must be cool to have so many people so excited for something.

15. ormsby guitars

ormsby guitars SS.org Regular

The GTR group is nothing.

The 2014 Hypemachine private group ... I decided I'd get the whole lot printed as books so each client had a copy of everything. The ultimate record. Two months ago when we did the test and downloaded everything, it equalled 770 pages of text and photos, printed in 6 sized font. Scrapped that idea real fast :)

Once we get the run moving, The real updates will start. I'll do tour videos of the factory, everything. All open and honest so everyone gets a bit of that custom experience but with production guitars. Cannot wait!

16. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

Ah shit. Time to make room for this one in the budget.

17. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

oh shit, really?

I kinda immediately ruled them out given how much shipping/VAT/Customs would add up to, but this interests me now, being left handed and all.

I was thinking I would get a Carvin of some sort in the future, now they deal direct to the EU, but maybe this is a better idea.

Either way, I may not be quick enough, I'm currently in the process of buying a house that needs renovation. I should have left over money but you never know whats going to pop up.

18. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I almost took the plunge on the 2014 hypermachines but life had other plans, plus all that exotic wood would take me to a price level I wouldn't be able to afford. A "production" Ormsby though in that price bracket? Maybe it's time to sell a couple of guitars and save some money!

19. MetalMike04

MetalMike04 Lefty cursed...

so i know this is not related exactly but can we just take a look at home much of a tool some people are?

:mad: looking at Mr. Josh Smith....

[​IMG]

20. capoeiraesp

It's just Aussie humor. He's 'taking the piss'. It's not meant to be sincere or derogatory.