Orange Owners

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Sephael, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

Still trying to EQ my DkT and am having trouble EQing decently. To make it worse, I switched from my Damien with EMGs to my warlock with stock pickups and it honestly sounded better.

So what experience do other Orange owners have with various pickup choices through their amps?

I understand EQing will depend largely on other things, but any pointers would help (starting flat on my 10 band hasn't helped much, pretty sure I'm just functionally tone deaf to my own sound, like how how everyone tends to hate their own voice).

2. KAMI

KAMI Mom's Spaghetti

for a dark terror I would definitely get a maxon od808

3. Angus Clark

Angus Clark SS.org Regular

Use the EQ as sort of a Low pass, so cut the top knob fully, then boost the high mids around 1.6k and 800k, and the low mids around 220hz, and cut a little around 400hz. It's what sounds good on my parametric EQ on POD farm :lol:

4. Sephael

Currently I have a green rhino out front and mxr10 band in the loop. Might try using my mt-2 or blues driver in front this weekend

5. Shor

Shor SS.org Regular

What kind of settings are you using on your Green Rhino btw?
    I've got pretty much the same setup as you actually. Green Rhino - Dark Terror with 10-band EQ in fx loop.

I got my Green Rhino set to max output, 0 drive, tone at 12 o'clock, bass cut/boost at 9 o'clock and mid curve at about 11 o'clock.
    I find that the bass cut really works wonders on my 8-string, and doesn't sound half bad on some of my other 6'ers either.

As far as EQ goes, I tend to change mine all the time really. At the moment I boost slightly at 125hz, cut slightly at 250hz, and boost slightly at 2khz.

Dark Terror settings right now is shape at 3 o'clock, gain at 1 o'clock.

I find that these settings work for me with both passive humbuckers and emg's...they do sound rather differently though of course, but to my ears it all sounds rather nice :)

6. Sephael

Rhino - volume 2 o'clock, tone 1 o'clock, gain 9 o'clock, bass boosted to 3 o'clock, mid curve 9 o'clock

DkT - 15 watt, shape 11 o'clock and gain 1 o'clock

MXR - +6 on 32.5hz, -4 on 250hz , +8 boost on 1khz

was looking for a slightly more bass heavy sound tonight and was using the 6 string warlock. also was at minimum volume, when I go louder my gain drops down to as low as 11 o'clock.