Orange 412 v.s Vader 412 (with 5150)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by BBTOtyler, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BBTOtyler

BBTOtyler Member

Hi pals, so i'm in the market for a new cab. I play metal/hardcore through a peavy 5150. www.facebook.com/barrierharcore <-- band for reference.

I have heard oranges are much more mid based, and vaders are a lot more low end. The vader im looking at is around 500, while the orange is 600. I'm playing through a gibson sg special.

What do you guys think! what would you do?

thanks

2. EOT

EOT I pull over 500 lbs.

The only way you'll know what works best for you is to try them both. However, I hate V30's so I personally would go with the Vader. A 5150 through a Vader is an awesome combo.

3. athawulf

athawulf SS.org Regular

I didn't know vaders were considered to have more low end, I thought of them as pretty tight and focused with the bass response. They're known for being tight with massive headroom- being pretty flat for guitar speakers but falling towards the "dark" end. It is a great combination with a 5150 to tame a bit of that swarm of bees.

The 5150 + v30 wont fail you as it's pretty standard. Though I agree with above, I don't like v30s very much.