FS or FT: Ibanez RG680CB

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by HighPotency, Jul 6, 2017.

1. HighPotency

HighPotency SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
    With a fair amount of reservation I'm posting my RG680 for sale. It's an incredible guitar and beautiful to boot, but I bought it on impulse and haven't been able to give it very much attention.

This model was only available in Japan and was only available for three years. Naturally, they are few and far between, especially here in the states. This particular one was built in 2000. It features a basswood body and curly maple veneer top. This is the "Coral Blue" finish; a very deep blue that looks stunning in good lighting. Gotoh tuners, Lo-Pro Edge, and Ibanez "Quantum" pickups (the ones that came in the old S540FM) in an HSH configuration. 5 way switch, single volume, single tone. What could be called the icing on the cake is that the headstock has a matching veneer of curly maple that is finished in the same color of the body, not something you see very often on Ibanez guitars! And of course, this was made in Japan in the acclaimed Fujigen factory. This is a Prestige level instrument.

Since this was made in 2000, it sports the Wizard II neck profile. If that turns you off, fair enough, but it's on a whole other level from the Indonesian made Ibanez models with the same profile. It reminds me of the RG2120X I used to have- thin, but with a slight curve to make it more comfortable and a little more meat to grab onto. If you like how Ibanez necks feel in the upper frets but find that chords in the lower frets are somewhat uncomfortable, this is a great neck profile for you.

I'm trying not to play up the rarity factor too much, but you'll be hard pressed to find another Ibanez with all of these features.

It is not in perfect condition and has a few chips here and there. They were filled in with a blue touch up paint at one point and it isn't perfect but it is a pretty close match. I tried to capture them as best I could.

Modifications (if any):
    N/A

Accessories (hardshell case etc):
    Whammy bar, Ibanez gig bag

International OK?:
    Probably not

Contact Info (No Phone #s):
    PM on here is best

References (eBay or other forum userid):
    xhighpotencyx on ebay
    Pac_Man on HybridZ forums

Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
    $700 + shipping
    Not too sure on trades since I do not have anything specific I'm trying to get instead. Shoot me an offer; worst I can do is say no!

Pictures:
    http://s146.photobucket.com/user/HighPotency/slideshow/RG680

2. HighPotency

3. HighPotency

Bump. $650 + shipping

Shoot me an offer, I also have a hardshell case we can work out a deal on if you want it included.

4. HighPotency

Bump, $600+shipping