Opinions on Overload guitars

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by gujukal, Nov 4, 2018.

1. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

Tempted to buy an Overload guitar, the Themis 7FF headless model. Anyone have any experience with 'em? Are they worth the price? How do they stack up against Skervesen, Ran, Mayones and those brands in terms of quality and playability?

2. Taikatatti

Taikatatti SS.org Regular

I had a rea 7-string couple of years ago. Atleast back then their quality wasn’t on par with skervesen, mayones etc. High e-string kept slipping of the fretboard, pickups didn’t stay on their cavities, sloppy inlay/binding work to point out couple of things. This was awhile ago so i can’t comment on their recent builds.

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

I have a rhea 8 string and think it's really nice, but I bought mine used a few years ago so I can't really comment on his newer builds. The only issues with my guitar were some minor bumps and dings, which could have easily been caused by the previous owner. Ask around in some of the bigger FB guitar groups, I know there's a pile of people in the extended range guitar nerds group that have direct experience with overload.

4. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

The other guitarist in my band has one of the first rhea.
    Overall is a good quality instrument but has some issues: poor pots and electronics in general, not completely inline tuning pegs, a couple of finish issues and some frets not perfectly cut.

The price was also fairly cheaper than is nowadays and,for what I've heard, quality has gone up a lot (but also price).