Online Project

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by Cynic, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

Since the small town I live in doesn't really have people willing to create a band, I was wondering if anyone is interested in starting an online group/project. I'm a vocalist, but I also play a little bit of guitar and can pitch ideas for riffs and such.

If you are interested, then please post your influences. It would help me to see whose musical tastes didn't clash with mine, and what direction the music might go in.

Thanks!

2. Waelstrum

Waelstrum All Fourths Advocate

I have the some problem, if it's not country, I'll join. I can play extended range bass and standard six string guitar. I don't know how this would work though, and would appreciate some sort of explanation.

3. ralphy1976

ralphy1976 1 less ERGNESS

irrelevant reply to the OP but there is a town called PARIS in Texas? geee....

4. Senensis

Senensis Green stuff

I'd be intereted in getting something similar going.

<-- Guitar player, music gear listed in my profile. I'm into metal in general, with a tendency to listen to rock style stuff with pleasing guitar work in it (Vai, ZZ Top, Zappa, etc.)

Feel free to PM for more info.

(And I'm dead sexy too if that counts ! ;) )

5. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

This is the idea that I have:

1) Add each other an AIM/MSN.
    2) Someone comes up with guitar parts.
    3) Everyone in group listens to it, then makes suggestions on what to add or improve on.
    4) After the final draft of guitar is decided on, we can work on the bass and drum parts.
    5) Synth if necessary.
    6) Vocals and lyrics.

When someone is done with their part, they can send the file (.WAV?) to the next person so that they can add on to it.

Finished products and mix tests can go on an official Soundclick.

Just some thoughts.

Anyone have any more ideas?

6. Waelstrum

What style would this be? From the instrumentation you mentioned, it could be anywhere from 60s blues rock to symphonic death metal. I don't mind what style it is really, but I would like to know.

I forgot to mention my influences: Dream Theater, Rhapsody of Fire, Symphony X, Cacophony, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Spheric Universe Experience, Racer X, and other technical things.

7. marcuschapman

marcuschapman SS.org Regular

Hi,

Pianist/keyboardist here.

Influences: Chick Corea, Bill Evans, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Symphony X, Cynic, Nevermore etc...

8. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

Sorry, mine are:

TesseracT
    Periphery
    Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Thrice
    Architects
    Between the Buried and Me
    Cynic

9. Arminius

Arminius SS.org Regular

I need to do some more synth stuff, so I can help with that if you are interested.

Off topic but, what show is your avatar from, i could swear I've seen her somewhere.

Edit: Forgot Influences. As far a synth stuff goes, Vangelis, Wendy Carlos, Ackercocke, Morbid Angel (the synth stuff obviously)

10. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

She's Eureka from Eureka 7.

I'm also listening to Imogen Heap. Let's incorporate 19 layered vocals while doing some chugging on 26-stringers.

11. Senensis

Senensis Green stuff

A possibility to make this work is to set up a ftp server to share large files easily as well as a forum to discuss things while keeping track of what has been said (on top of scheduling some MSN / skype type stuff).

12. Waelstrum

We've got people in texas, paris, and townsville (australia), plus some others that I can't remember, that's about ass many time zones apart that you can get without getting closer again. for the purposes of real time conferencing, there will be late nights ahead for at least one of us, (not that I mind too much). Also, how will we exchange non-recorded ideas? tabs, guitar pro, midi, sheet music, etc. If anyone has any ideas/riffs, we might as well start exchanging now. Also, based on the influences listed am I right in asuming that this would be a prog-metal/mathcore type of thing, with the mixed meter and polyrhythms?

13. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

We should probably compare time zones and see which part of the day/night would benefit us the most.

Personally, I don't care if tabs, guitar pro, etc. is used. Just make sure to convey your ideas clearly.

The music could incorporate mixed meter and polyrhythms. It isn't mandatory, though.

14. Waelstrum

Well, if everyone else is up for mixed meter and polyrhythms, I am. I'm in Greenwich +10, so nearly a full day ahead of america. Also, I have no idea how to set up one of those mass sharing servers, but if someone else can, that sounds like a good idea.

15. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

Oh yeah, and someone needs to be able to mix and shit.

Anyways, I would love to start hearing guitar ideas at any time.

16. Waelstrum

I'm ok at mixing, but not great. I may have attached a pdf, but I have no idea. (I'm a little digitally illiterate). I don't know what tunings will be used, so I put it in traditional notation. Feel free to transpose/octave displace, change rhythm, pitch, speed, time sig, or anything else. Also, feel free to constructively criticize and whatever.

Attached Files:

17. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

I'd be game. I have a seven string tuned unreasonably low (drop F), a fretless guitar, an e-bow, my massive 12 string, and the ability to record guitars and program drums.

18. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

I just made an ambiance clip. Does any one want to add on to it with guitar?

19. TruthDose

TruthDose SRS BIDNIZZ

I'd be down, I live in Houston.
    My influences range from Spawn of Possession to G.Govan, and any fusion is always a plus! :lol:

I also have a studio..

20. Jzbass25

Jzbass25 SS.org Regular

I'd join up but I know most of you guys are probably 1000x better than me, also I dont have a good mic preamp atm...