Oni Guitars

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by dpm, Aug 19, 2005.

1. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Pretty soon you'll be dragged into an order :yesway:

2. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

That's what I'm pursuing a career in engineering for. :lol:

3. dpm

dpm Oni Guitars Contributor

Quick little update. There are some new build pics up on instagram and Facebook, check them out if you wish. The last few weeks have been very productive.

Getting into more specific stuff -

Thanks to provocation from a certain person here I've figured out a relatively simple way to offer both the e-scale models (curved multiscale frets, if you didn't know) and standard multiscale options on the same base designs. So, if the curved frets are putting you off you can now get all retro with me and order a standard fan again.

The e-scales were an almost ground up re-design of the Oni designs which made all the previous CAD and build fixtures redundant (a big part of why I switched to e-scale only until now). This new approach uses almost all of the e-scale design and applies the standard fan to those fixed parameters, ie. changes to the fretboard and bridge. The scale lengths are very slightly different to the originals. So, summarizing - 6, 7 and 8 strings can now be ordered in e-scale or with a standard fan.

I have one 8 string with a standard fan available that will be finished in the next few months. Ash body, blackwood neck, fretboard undecided, finish undecided. Anyone who commits now gets a say in those final specs, otherwise I'll just finish it up making those decisions as I go and list it on completion. As stated earlier please email or use Facebook Messenger to contact me.

Last little tidbit - I'm working on the final design aspects of a long scale 7 string intended for a low F# or thereabouts. Essentially an 8 minus the treble string. Roughly 27" - 29" scale lengths (I work in metric).

:shred:

Dan

4. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I'm your huckleberry?

5. dpm

Whatever a huckleberry is, you're it!

6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

"Huckleberry" is a southern USA dialectical name for what I would call a Bilberry. I'm not sure what they are called in Oz, but I'd imagine you probably have them there as well. They are delicious in pies.

The expression "I'm your huckleberry" is slang for "I'm the right guy." It'd usually be used in the context where you have a specific skill to accomplish something, though, for example:

Customer: "Howdy, neighbour! Hey, do y'all reckon whereabouts I might find a feller who can fix a two-cycle engine? My lil' ol' weed-whacker just .... the bed on me."
    Mechanic: "I'm your huckleberry!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  7. dpm

Ok. Australian translation huckleberry = c@#t. Assuming the customer is the bloke who lives opposite me

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  8. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3