One of those suggestion threads

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Discoqueen, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Discoqueen

Discoqueen Dang tootin

Hey hey

So I am trying to learn The Future that Awaits Me by AAL (don't make fun of me, I knew it was a suicide mission) and guess what, I can't. Yet, anyways. I can play some of the main licks at maybe 70% of their speed, but I am prolly using the wrong fingerings (is that what you say?) and also I am not quick enough... I have never been a shredder.

So, I am hoping y'all could suggest some less intense material to help me bridge the gap?

Some criteria maybe:
    I don't like brootz (spell check is trying to get me to say I don't like broth) so the really heavy like meshuggah and stuff wouldn't be what I'm after.

Ideally, the songs would feature some running around the fretboard

I am playing an eight so 7 and 8 string songs are fine, as well as six string songs if they can help me improve ^.^

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and advice!

2. Buthter

Buthter SS.org Regular

It's been a while since I've listened to that album. Forgot how good it was. That song sounds pretty tappy. If that's what you're going for, Scale the Summit has a lot of great, clean, mellow tippy taps. Sarah Longfield/The Fine Constant too.

Chris Letchford actually wrote a pretty decent exercise book on tapping, too. It's worth checking out.

Discoqueen likes this.