OMMFG: Installing SD 2.0 sound installer just won't get past error

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Speculum Speculorum, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Compton

Compton SS.org Regular

i copied these instructions for mac and i got it installed just fine. I'm having an issue, which is probably just because im new to mac, that when i go into logic and pick a new software instrument toontrack and SD are not there. I installed SD for windows forever ago and i know i put it in my VST folder. Where can i find this similar folder on my mac? thanks in advance!

2. Speculum Speculorum

Speculum Speculorum SS.org Regular

Are you running Logic in 64 bit? If so, sometimes you have to open in 32 bit in order for Logic to "see" plugins for the first time. Then it should be fine.

Can't believe this thread is still alive!!! And yeah that advice is golden!

3. Compton

Compton SS.org Regular

Well actually, now i went back through it, im still having some of the original problems. Like I said, I'm new to mac relatively so navigating has been a learning curve as well.

Basically I did the part 2 and 3 of MaGz post because when i tried to do part 1 it said the sound files could not be found, i got through that and made a sl-avatar with all the sounds from disc 1-5 but then when i go to hit the superior drummer 2.0 installer it says the same. I got toontrack solo installed but i has no sounds in it. Google has been proving to help me slowly bit by bit but im a little lost now as im not sure if im on the right track or should start over :p I got the toon track keyed and everything as well.

4. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

You know what's a great solution? Get SSD4 Platinum instead ;)

5. Compton

Compton SS.org Regular

Anyone know if you download the 2.3 update for superior that it comes with all previous updates?? or do i need to do 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.3 ?