OMMFG: Installing SD 2.0 sound installer just won't get past error

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Speculum Speculorum, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Speculum Speculorum

Speculum Speculorum SS.org Regular

Hey Guys,

As if working through the Axe-fx II USB popping issues in Logic wasn't brain-pain enough (sounds like I'll have to wait for apple to update or just use my interface), now I can't even get through the initial phase of the SD 2 Sound Installer. I keep getting the message - Could not copy "SL-Avatar/Sounds/soundstats" from DVD. Try Again?

I went to the website and found that they recommend you install the software directly under your HD, which I did. Still doesn't work. I updated the primary software - still doesn't get past the error. I've contacted support, but I was wondering if anybody had the same problem and knows the work around? Any help would be :bowdown:

2. Speculum Speculorum

Hey guys. If anybody wants to know, you will have to drag the files manually over to your sounds folder in order for this to work. Good luck!

3. Sander

Sander SS.org Regular

If you're using lion you have to create the folders manually in your library. I just recently did a clean install of Lion and had similar problems.

4. Hybrid138

Hybrid138 SS.org Regular

So SD 2.0 is compatible with lion?

5. Speculum Speculorum

No lion for this guy. I've heard too many problems with it for a lot of folks using Axe-fx, Logic, and SD 2.0. I'm good.

6. sggod89

sggod89 yeah I take steriods

Make sure you are installing into the right directory. Sometimes the installer wont select the right folder on its own and you errors like that. I think its Toontrack\Superior\Superior Drummer 2.0\SL-Avatar is where you want to install.

allshallperishfan likes this.
  7. Speculum Speculorum

Yeah the tech support helped me through that. It's all functional so far. I haven't tried pulling up EZplayer through Logic yet (I'm starting my Logic Tutorial DVDs today) but when I pulled up Toontrack Solo I was able to pull up the kit and get all the sounds working. HOORAY!

8. sagacity86

sagacity86 SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

I have a similar issue... I tried to install Superior Drummer, and the main install went fine, but the sound files could not be copied due to an error.

I checked Toontrack's website, and they have a troubleshooting article devoted to this topic... must be something with Lion:
    Toontrack®

So I copied the files manually off the DVD's into Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Superior Drummer 2.0/SL-Avatar/Sounds

but when I direct Superior Drummer from inside of Logic it says: This is not a sound library.

What do I do to fix this? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

9. shanike

shanike SS.org Regular

run the sound installer as root.
    simple as that.

10. sagacity86

I must sound really dumb, but what does that mean? I put the files into my Macintosh HD root directory and tried to direct the program from there but it still would not load the .obw sound files.. am i really that slow? lol.. sorry can you help me some more?

11. sagacity86

got it figured out. if anyone was having a similar problem, it has to do with the other install files not the .obw files. I uninstalled everything and re-installed, and selected a custom directory, and it went smooth. thanks for the help guys!

12. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

I had an issue installing Metal Foundry on Windows. All I had to do was manually point the installer to the correct folder and it would install no problem.

13. Maniacal

Maniacal SS.org Regular

Fucking hell I have the same problem.

i run the superior installer but it wont let me choose the location of the install

then i click on superior sound installer and i get the same error message you got

what do i do

im using a 2011 iMac

14. Speculum Speculorum

You have to find, on your computer, where the sound files folder is within the SD files, and manually click and drag each sound file over into the file. You can do it in groups if you wish, but it's harder to monitor if it's actually doing anything or if it's freezing up. It's time consuming, but it's the only way. Good luck!

15. anuraj2201

anuraj2201 SS.org Regular

Hey sagacity..

I am having the same problem. What do u exactly mean by selecting a 'custom directory' ?
    Also, my superior 2.0 sounds installer is not working...is that the reason ??
    Please help

16. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

Toontrack has troubleshooting page on their website that helped me through this. At first it was a pain in the ass, but looking back it was pretty easy. I did it for both Superior 2.0 and The Metal Foundry.

17. Zombie13

Zombie13 XIII

Damn, I had this issue installing the Metal Foundry on my Windows laptop and gave up on it.

18. MaGz

MaGz SS.org Regular

Found this!
    For everyone experiencing troubles with installing the sounds (be it either "Could not find the name file" or whatever else):

1) You may install everything you need first (SD, eZDrummer, Toontrack Solo, ...)

2) From the first DVD copy the whole "SL-Avatar" folder anywhere in your PC.

3) From all other DVDs copy those *.obw files into your "SL-Avatar\Sounds" folder.

4) Run your VST Host application and load SD.

5) In Settings panel select to set path to samples and load your "SL-Avatar\Sounds" folder.

6) Thank to the author of this torrent :D

7) Enjoy the noise!

For mac user - do the same thing go to library-application support-toontrack-superriordrumer-sl-avatar-sounds

to open library - cmd+shift+G and type ~/library/

Speculum Speculorum likes this.
  19. Bretton

Bretton SS.org Regular

^ that got me past the error of not being able to read the DVD, but not I'm having problems setting the path, in the settings panel, I click on "set" for the first path shown, select the folder with all the obw files, and a window pops up saying:

Alert!
    you need to set the path to where you installed
    the sounds before you can use them.

which I THOUGHT is exactly what I just did...

???

Also, if I hit "add path to library" and select said folder, it says:

Alert!
    That is not a sound library.

20. Prime

Prime Crazy Robot Guy

Make sure you are not going too deep into the directory/folder. Don't select the sound folder....select SL-Avatar.