Oh COME ON, Muslims.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Xtremevillan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Xtremevillan

Xtremevillan im leaving ss.org Contributor

2. Nick

Nick Stop the Madness!

:scream:

i hate how its even being made an issue out of they should be told do it or get the fuck out.

3. Xtremevillan

I mean lemme do damage control: I know that this is not extended to all muslims or anything, sorry if this is racist or whatever.

When you are in an environment where people who are sick can die and you refuse to sterilize yourself because it makes you "immodest" you can get the fuck out, especially if you don't even want to do it in private.

What were they thinking when they signed up?

4. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Fine, they can have that right, as long as I have the right to not have them work on me if I need medical attention. Also, the Muslim Medical Association, in order to conform to MY wishes, will have to pay for a medic alert bracelet that says "No Muslim female doctors".

5. Xtremevillan

And here I thought you WANTED to be a zombie, JJ ;)

6. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Ohhhh baby, let's see those nice.... forearms? :spock: WTF? :noway: Fuck that... how about they can't work in the hospital unless they follow the rules? I don't see why they can't be refused work if they don't follow the rules. I'm sorry, but I'm not dying from a disease your dirty clothes might be carrying because you feel you're not allowed to show anyone your forearm. :squint: I mean, when JJ worked at McDonalds and decided that he didn't have to use the bathroom when he wanted to shit, but rather chose the grill as his place for defication he got thrown out on the street without hesitation. :rofl: Poor JJ was being persecuted! :wub:

Yes x 1000 Dr. Tannock. :agreed:

7. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

This is just retarded, if they can't follow the rules they shouldn't be there.

8. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

I already am a zombie. I just happen to be a clean one, and this should probably go in PC&E. If they have the right to not conform to established hygeine standards, then they should be responsible for the making of millions of these medic alert bracelets that go to people if they don't want non sterilized doctors working on them. I mean, I can choose not to have a female Muslim family doctor, but if I'm in a car accident, and I'm ripped open, and probably pretty prone to infection, I don't want them elbow deep inside my guts fixing shit up.

9. Desecrated

Desecrated Guest

+1

10. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

:wallbash:

Is it just me or is this a bunch of bullshit? Sure, exposed skin gets germs on it, THEN YOU FUCKING WASH THEM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ASSHOLE.

11. Xtremevillan

That's what I was thinking.

Before you bring up the "long gloves" thing, I work(ed) in a pharmacy. You have to sterilize your hands before you put gloves on.

Whole nother shitass can right there.

12. Nick

Nick Stop the Madness!

welcome to the politically correct insanity that is the uk.

13. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

So if they have those gloves on does that mean that they will have to remove the cloth that was previously against their skin? I mean, those gloves would be pretty thin.... scandalous! :rolleyes: I think they're really reaching on this one... hmmm... public health/safety vs your ideas on how your culture should dress? :shrug:

14. Xtremevillan

I keep thinking the UK is more leinent than the US because we have rednecks here that keep conservationalism standing tall.

15. Nick

Nick Stop the Madness!

the sad thing is they are probably doing it out of fear of the beatdown theyd recieve from their male counterparts if they got wind of the fact that their wife/daughter had 'dishonoured their family'

16. Xtremevillan

Well it's obvious they're not THAT traditional, because they're working instead of staying at home, right?

:\

As a brown person I feel scared to go to the UK. I might get confused with a Pakistani / Muslim person.

17. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Who gives a shit what ignorant people think you are? When I see a person who's a different skin color, I don't normally think of what religion that person might be, unless they A) Are wearing some kind of robe/religious clothing/whatever B) Start start belittling someone for doing something completely normal or C) Have a bomb strapped to their chest and start screaming about Allah.

D-EJ915 likes this.
  18. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Because this is the UK. Liberal in so many ways, yet so driven to panic with regards to everything that you can't do anything.

People don't let their children play out in the streets now because pedophiles are coming to get their children.

People refuse to use buses now in case someone stabs you on them...to the degree that Lothian Buses (the biggest bus company besides FirstGroup in the UK, serving Edinburgh only) installed CCTV and TV screens on all buses for passenger safety.

People will drive a couple of miles around my hometown to avoid the railway level crossing there because it has the highest suicide rate in Scotland and they fear getting smashed under a rampant train taht won't stop because of faulty signals. (Nevermind that that 'highest suicide rate' is based on a percentage of local population...and there are about 2000 people who live in my home village).

At school, we were handed out shool-headed, education board approved letters on how we were to no longer refer to a blackboard but instead as a chalk board for fear of insulting the african-americans in our school.

:nuts:

Sure, we don't have inbred hicks waving flags, driving pickups with "I <3 NASCAR" and "I <3 my sister", but we have the politically correct police that will campaign for the most ridiculous things.

That news story just makes me furious. More and more power is being handed to ethnic minorities for fear of insulting them, when all they are actually doing is discriminating the caucasian natives of this country.

There are sections of Edinburgh that are so full of Polish immigrants that all the shops' names are written in Polish, with predominantly Polish/Romanian staff - indeed, some only speak Polish, no english.

In the UK.

However, I digress...

JJ's points are actually completely valid.

The Muslim Association, if they want female Muslim nurses to continue working should provide funding for these bracelets that allow us to state preference.

Drivers licenses, beside the 'organ donor? y/n' should also have 'Female Muslim Healthcare? y/n' on them

If they stop and think about this, however, they'll appreciate that letting this happen PROMOTES segregation, misunderstanding, fear, and ultimately religious labeling, hatred and racism towards female muslim nurses...far more than allowing them an exemption to this religious 'law'.

By the same token, honour killings represent real threat in this country, so it really is a tough pickle.

But I see absolutely NO reason why they should be allowed to infect people with one of the BIGGEST killers in the UK in order not to insult there religion.

In this instance - FUCK OFF with this religious understanding bullshit.

Perhaps the Muslim community at large should stop being pampered to and they should try and understand a bit of

a) Scottish history
    b) Politically acceptable posturing
    c) BASIC HYGIENE

If they can't cut it, then fuck off to another country, and I don't care which. They are pulling this place apart at the seams by constantly demanding something left right and centre for the most inane reasons, and the political structure of the UK is shaking itself apart trying to keep them appeased...

Hope that doesn't come across as particularly xenophobic...I simply feel very strongly about this.

distressed_romeo likes this.
  19. Groff

Groff Medicine Chief/RHLC© Contributor

+1 :agreed:

20. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus You're no daisy. Contributor

Honestly guys, I think this PC bullshit is going to backfire so hard that people won't know what hit them. Granting so many exceptions to minorities is only going to breed more racism.