Officially (This Time) For Sale Mesa Amps

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Christopher, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

Okay brothers, I've made up my mind. I'm going the rack route. I've been eyeballing a couple of Triaxis (whatever the plural would be) and I've decided that that's where I'm going.

So, I have for sale two Mesa amps:

1. Mesa Rectoverb Head: Amp is in great shape cosmetically, no rips or tears or scratches, maybe a little dust. Amp works completely 100% and sounds like a total beast. It's was retubed this spring with a full JJ's kit from Eurotubes. I do believe I had to swap out one of the JJ's 12ax7's for a Mesa I had in the closet. Comes with footswitch, power cable, footswitch cable, head cover, the little bag that holds the accessories and the manual. I'm looking at $950 plus shipping.

2. Mesa Mk IV medium Head: Amp is the older style heads where the nameplate says Mesa / Boogie instead of just Boogie. I've had both and couldn't tell you if there is any difference in them. The amp is in great cosmetic condition. There are no rips or tears but it does look like it's been used. Everything works completely 100% except that it has no reverb tank. I bought it without it because I never used the tank on my last Mk IV. I'm always going rackmount anyway. I'd like to get $1050 plus shipping. Just like the Rectoverb I'll ship this anywhere if you don't mind paying for it.

I can & will supply pics for either or to anyone interested just drop me an email or PM. I will take the heads down to the UPS store and have them professionally packed and insured for the value. I can send them either UPS or Fed EX, whatever your preference may be.

I prefer PayPal but would look at other options. I'll ship anywhere as long as you're willing to pay for it.

One more issue is that I won't be able to ship either amp until Monday the 18th. I've got a big gig coming up out of town and I'm in the middle of remodeling my house so I'm kind of extra booked until then.

Feel free to ask any questions, my Ebay account name is deadringerswhispers if you'd like to look me up. I have a score of 71 with 100% positive so rest assured.

Both amps are amazing and will make someone very happy, I'm selling so that I can finance a Triaxis / 2:90 rig and fill up a rack!

I'll list these on Ebay on the 18th if nobody wants them.

Thanks for looking.

:hbang:

2. jim777

jim777 Seen all good people Forum MVP

3. Christopher

Email sent! And I will always take reasonable offers on either head!

4. jim777

Ah, you know I underbid on a Carvin X100B on the bay and won it anyway, so I guess I'm out of the bidding.

5. Christopher

No problem Jim, you'll dig the Carvin, I had one for years.

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Triaxi, perhaps?

Gah, I shouldn't even be asking, as I really like the tones I'm getting from my current setup, but, well, the Rect-o-verb's the only Recto I've ever liked, and marks just own. Is the recto the original or the one with the added "raw" mode? Also, more for the sake of curiosity, could you toss me a pic of the front of the Mark? I can't recall ever seeing one of those with a Mesa/boogie instead of Boogie. Never cared for the Boogie logo, and honestly if I ever bought one new I'd see if I could have it custom-made with a recto-style "Mesa Engineering..."

-D

7. Christopher

Hey Drew, sorry for the slacking in getting back to you. Had a gig out of town Friday night and had younglings over yesterday to celebrate my littlest one's first birthday.

The Rectoverb head is the latest model with Clean / Pushed on one channel and Raw/Vintage/Modern on the other. I used it on Friday night at my blues gig (mostly for simplicity). I was actually really suprised how well it did the job. I definitely wasn't Stevie Ray Vaughan sounding but it did a pretty cool job. I'm going with the Triaxis / 2:90 right now but in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised to see me get a Road King to add to it later.

Here's some pics, they're pretty low res from my camcorder. These are more for Drew to check out the Mesa/Boogie than anything. I can get detailed closer pics if anyone needs them.

Attached Files:

8. jim777

The mighty might Mark IV! Awesome.

9. Christopher

You'll have to let me know how you like the Carvin. You can get some incredible deals on those old used heads. Mmmm, very Marshally!

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

cool :yesway:

11. Christopher

Price Reduction:

Mk IV : $1000 shipped to lower 48 states.
    Rectoverb : $900 shipped to lower 48 states.

I'll ship anywhere but buyer pays anything over $50 in shipping costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.