Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. narad

narad SS.org Regular

2. Scud7011

Scud7011 SS.org Regular

Is it just me, or does it look like the locking screw on that Kahler is inaccessible? I'm not really all that familiar with Kahler bridges, but I thought the locking screw was on the back on the bridge.

3. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

I just can't deal with Kahlers. If you want more bridge than guitar, go for it. The guitar is definitely one of the coolest concepts Dylan has ever worked with and it came out phenomenally well. But yeah that price.. woof.

4. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

Well, no body routing with the Kahler. So if we're talking a bridge that's more tonally transparent (if you believe in such a thing), that's your ticket. It's also mechanically superior in a lot of ways, at least on paper. But if you want a Floyd, just play a Floyd. Love or hate it you have to admit it's ubiquitous for a reason. It's been embraced for all its quirks as a format that people love--categorically, 'Floyd players' aren't that different from 'Tele players' or 'Les Paul players', if you think about it.

I'd also say that the Kahler is the least outlandish part about that guitar :lol: Not that I mean it in a bad way!

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  5. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Every time I look at it, I think that bridge looks photoshopped on. But I think, at least visually, it's a step up -- something that outlandish needs outlandish hardware.

6. Sermo Lupi

Glad you said it, haha. Thought I was going mad for the first few photos. Recessing the bridge into the body like that really messes with the shadows because it 'removes' the edges of the bridge. It's the analog equivalent of a badly photoshopped image where one texture starts and another stops without any blending.

Also, the Kahler 2300 doesn't require string-through routing, so that was another red herring. If this were 2006 and those were low-res pics, I'm sure that'd be cited as a reason for the photos being fake. However, the actual bridge on that guitar is the less common Kahler 2317; I'm not sure if the 2317 allows for string-through mounting (Kahler's product page indicates that it doesn't require back routing), but obviously it was installed that way on this guitar.

7. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

That Silverburst 7 with the black winters is up too. Nice. Not at a gouging price either.

8. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I enjoy seeing Dylans builds and all the happy owners of these guitar, even if they pop up for sale a couple of years later. I see these are also starting to be greatly affected by market demand due to the fact that the production is quite limited. But damn is it annoying to see people trying to make £1000-2000 in profit and still asking money for shipping.

AxeHappy and Blytheryn like this.
  9. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I used to rage against this a bit but then I tried selling a Daemoness (and a couple other high end guitars). Something's changed over the past few years and now no one respects, at all, an asking price. So take what you want and add some percent to it -- more if going on Reverb to cover their ridiculous sale AND payment fees -- and you can wind up looking like a flipper. And like on Reverb, better that I just tack on 20% so I can say it's "on sale" by reducing price 15% and getting a priority listing on Reverb's algorithms.

This is all to say that sometimes what appears to be flipping is not really flipping. I was surprised/happy to get asking price on my Reverb ad, and that puts me at +/- $100 or so from original cost. Of course there's a few repeat offenders who flip. That crypt I is always up like $3k more than it once sold used, etc. But I'm just saying I've become a bit less judgemental about it having now gone through it.

Like the silverburst that's up on Reverb is now (IIRC) the same price as I saw it previously go for on Reverb, and that guy's going to get hit with $2-300 of fees.

10. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Nah, the Kahler kills it. More functional or outlandish or not, blegh. Kenshiro should make the dude’s head explode. IMAO. I’m not arguing with the function, I just can’t deal with the amount of space it takes up on top. My own opinion, that’s all. The hardware does match up beautifully color wise.

That being said, Atlanteans are fucking monster guitars, and there should be more built regardless of hardware.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    IbanezDaemon likes this.
  11. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Agreed. I think some of these heavier themed guitars would have looked awesome on the Atlantean -- mars/dune, etc. But there's also been that rumor that the Atlantean (and maybe the Valkenbyrd) were getting a redesign.

12. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Agreed Joe. Kahlers are aesthetically sh*t looking and imho don't function
    all that well. It's killed that Daemoness for me. Best trem ever? Ibanez Edge/Lo
    Pro Edge...period!! Honorable mention to the Gotoh Floyd.

13. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

Saw this baritone cimmerian on the daemoness instagram feed today. The PBR inlay and replacing cimmerian with fucker on the headstock, awesome. The Frank Booth artwork is exceptional as well.

[​IMG]

14. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Oh fuck that’s totally awesome

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

I wish dylan would do more movie/game related stuff. A Berserk guitar would be fucking amazing.

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  16. Blytheryn

That guitar is super old, I believe. It's Barnes's as well.

17. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

yup

18. Sermo Lupi

Is the artwork laser-etched? Or maybe done with a grainy type of screen print? Almost looks like it is pixelated.

Great colour on that one, too. Don't see many Daemonesses in a blue that vibrant.

19. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

Boys, I need some advice. I've been settled on my specs for a long time now, but I've got a dilemma between two versions: Old school carve with reverse EX headstock or contemporary carve with reverse Daemoness. Thoughts?

Blytheryn likes this.
  20. Blytheryn

Well what’s the theme? It’s been a while since I’ve seen An old school carve, and that with reverse EX headstock sounds awesome.