OD pedal + Amp Channel switching in one pedal?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by VBCheeseGrater, May 24, 2012.

1. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

So basically, i'd like to be able to do what the title says without going out and buying a bunch of midi stuff - my amp is not midi capable anyway. I want to be able to go from my amps clean channel to the distortion channel + tube screamer in one click of a pedal.

Anyone have a sub $100 solution to this? Ideally, i'd like a mod to my footswitch that also turns the tubescreamer on and off - is such a thing possible?

2. Runander

Runander SS.org Regular

I'm kinda after the same thing, but also with effects in the loop.

I don't know about sub $100 though, not sure what you can get for that amount.
    I'm gonna try out the G-System soon which does pretty much what I want.

The thing I can say is that you're basically looking for a looper with relay switches. Is the tubescreamer the only external effect you'll be using?

3. VBCheeseGrater

No, i have quite a few other effects, but thats the only one i'm concerned about pairing up with the channel switch (maybe a chorus too). Sounds like i may be asking for too much for too little here

4. Ghost40

Ghost40 Dude Contributor

Sounds like you need a loop switcher and a controller. I went through it, had 5 or 6 pedals and an amp that I wanted to change all in the push of a button. I ended up going with a Voodoo GCX and a MidiMate which I already had. But it gets expensive. In the end of the day, I went with a TC G-major for effects and amp channel switching (about $100 used) and the MidiMate controller. Both were cheaper than the GCX. There are other solutions, the RJM products I hear are great, Rocktron Patchmate pop up on ebay. But to get it all on the cheap, I don't know if that will happen.

5. Ishan

Ishan Giant Fridge Magnet Contributor

6. Mop

Mop SS.org Regular

If you have basic soldering skills you could do it relatively easily. One 3pdt stomp switch, four 1/4inch jacks and an enclosure (or your amp foot switch if there is room for the jacks). Basically you're just adding a switchable true bypass loop to the channel switch. I did this with my recto verb before I got my hd500

7. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

8. Nitrobattery

Nitrobattery SS.org Regular

9. VBCheeseGrater

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm thinking the switch mod sounds like what i'm looking for until i can get an amp with midi switching. Time to do a little research....

10. VBCheeseGrater

Nitro, can you work channel switching into that loopmaster? I had seen it, but didn't think it was possible to change the amps channel with it.

EDIT, nevermind, looks like that's what i need, awesome, thanks again!

11. bandinaboy

bandinaboy SS.org Unsui

my friends band puts the two pedals next to each other. then taped a ruler attaching both of them. He would step on the ruler, and it would click both pedals at the same time. tacky, but very efficient.

12. VBCheeseGrater

^^ i've thought about something like that, but like you said, its tacky, plus i'd like to be able to add the EQ and a second OD to the distortion loop, so three pedals in all.

Now i'm getting greedy, need second loop exclusively for cleans for the chorus pedal. I'm sure loopmaster has something for that too.