NPD x3 - Something Retro, Something Green, and Something Cool

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by stevexc, Aug 23, 2017.

1. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

Been on a pedal-purchasing rampage the past couple of weeks, got some cool stuff used.

First off, what's more retro than good ol' Pogs?

[​IMG]

Got a sweet deal on this from fellow forumgoer @Screamingdaisy and I'm loving it. I'm purely using this as an octave-up box, making a "guitar" duplicate of my 5-string. Tracking is phenomenal all the way down to low B and it sounds fantastic.

Up next, a nice green box:

[​IMG]

A Screamer by any other name. Got this in great shape from my local L&M for a solid price. Sounds exactly how a Screamer should. I'm using this as the main overdrive for my octave-up tone, as well as with my guitar. 10/10.

Last but not least, the coolest pedal I got...

[​IMG]

A COOL Switch Pro! It's really just a cheap ABY but it's got the best name ever. I haven't had a chance to really use it yet as my HD500 is handling the splitting (as well as another effect or two) so I can't quite speak to its quality but it feels solid!

Here's the pedalboard in its (current) entirety:
    [​IMG]

Signal path is Bass - ED1 - HD500 Wah, then it splits into "guitar": Volume/Killswitch - POG - OD9 - NS2 - Amp; and bass: Volume/Killswitch - OD3 (in the HD500's FX loop) - suboctave - fuzz (to be replaced soon) - Amp.

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

Happy NPD! Having an analog A/B Y handy is always a great idea. It's one of those pedals that you don't really think about until you need one. The green one is such a staple and is always a solid purchase; and it looks like you've found a cool use for the POG as well. I occasionally use the Kemper's version of the POG when I feel like getting weird haha. It's certainly a fun sound to mess with.

stevexc likes this.
  3. stevexc

Make it NPD x6, because here's three more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the first two pedals for free from a friend. The wah needs some fixing up (new switch, I'm pretty sure) but the DD3 works perfect. The Aftershock I grabbed used for a great price, as I needed a bass fuzz. I also needed an octave pedal to go along with the bass fuzz, and it turns out there's one baked into the Aftershock as well! This thing has a crazy feature depth I haven't even begun to explore.

Once I get the wah fixed I'll be able to remove the HD500 from the board entirely which is exciting.

4. stevexc

And here's the pedalboard in its (tentatively) finished state. Wah still needs to get fixed, so it's being replaced (along with the ABY) by the HD500 for now.

[​IMG]