NPD: I have no clue what I bought.

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by cip 123, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:36 PM.

1. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

It's a Seymour Duncan. It's pink. It's apparently a neck humbucker, that's all I got.

I'd been toying with some fun colours to restore my Carvin JB200 model, I was thinking about getting the blue and pink Perpetual burn, but saw this pink humbucker on ebay for £49 ($65) and thought "What the hell?"

It looked like a legit Duncan, but was listed only as "NJ" and I haven't really figured out what it is yet from online scouring, maybe a 59? But the 59 NJ pickups were all labeled "59NJ" on the back...It's got double hex poles, Full shred maybe?

Anyway pink neck humbucker, I'll grab a full pink Perpetual Burn for the bridge when Duncan get back to me.

Pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

The front looks like a dimarzio because the logo was removed . It's probably a full shred ?

I think N stands for neck. And J stands for (Maricela ) Juarez . The famous SD winder who's now in charge of the custom shop

cip 123 likes this.
  3. Zhysick

Zhysick Sick of all

Looks like a legit duncan so, with that polepieces, must be a Full Shred but... hey! It could be some custom thing or modified polepieces or whatever... I have done several mods to my pickups and it is not difficult so...

I would say FullShred but take it with a pinch of salt.

cip 123 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  4. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

I believe you may be right after checking Duncan's website. This could be a pre 2002 pickup.

Yea I'm gonna stick with full shred till I can properly try it out, in hindsight it might do very well in the guitar having only bought it on appearance. It's going in a pretty dark guitar so the full shred brightness might help.

Zhysick likes this.
  5. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood SS.org Regular

If you have a meter to test the DCR, it would be easier to narrow it down.