NPD Effectrode Blackbird SR-71

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by High Plains Drifter, Oct 5, 2017.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Right off the bat... apologies for not having a sound-clip. I unfortunately won't even get a chance to plug this thing in until tomorrow evening. For now, I simply wanted to post up a couple pics along with a demo from Brett Kingman. I always like his no-nonsense reviews and if you haven't seen this one, you might enjoy watching some of it too.

My plan is to run this into a Yamaha THR10X modeling amp and to eliminate my two other OD's as well as possibly a distortion and EQ pedal. Not sure how this will work out but I'm ultimately hoping to achieve killer clean and gain tone at very low volume.

Also wanted to give a thumb's-up to Big City Music out of Studio City CA... a small "retailer and distributor of electronic music instruments, analog synthesizers, euro-rack modular synths, guitar effects pedals, drum machines, samplers and more". They were quick and easy to deal with, provided timely email confirmations of order and tracking, and product was packaged very well/ secure. I had never purchased anything from them before this but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Anyway... can't wait to get into this more tomorrow evening. The tonal capabilities seem absolutely endless from what I've heard and read.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

downburst82 likes this.
  2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Nice. Man I want all of these pedals someday.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular