NPD Behringer HM300 (HM-2 Clone)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by kindsage, Sep 4, 2017.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

I already have that problem with my modded mt2 lol, I keep telling myself I don't need the hm2 since I can get chainsaw sounds with the modded mt2..... It's not working, I still want an hm2.

DudeManBrother likes this.
  2. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

Seriously!
    I can't leave it alone lately. I've got to find a way to incorporate it into my core sound. Maybe have someone give it a momentary switch.

I see why this pedal has a cult following now

3. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

I finally tried out my hm300 tonight at jam, and it's glorious. I literally just swapped out my od pedal for the hm300 and left my amp as it was. As u can see in the pic I didn't go for the 'max all dials' setting, because that would be way too bassy and just noise. The way I have it set gives me an awesome coherent chainsaw sound. I really like it.
    Here's the direct link if the pic doesn't work : http://i.imgur.com/OnQlvQS.jpg
    [​IMG]

4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

That's about the setting I use with my HM-2. Definitely a fine setting for those Leatherface tonez.

5. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I got one of these today! Came about 3 weeks early.

I only had about 10 minutes with it, so I need some quality time. My first thought was wow, this sounds like a$$, lol. Then I started thinking.... I have all these tight, tubescreamer type pedals, I don't have anything that turns my guitar into an instant fat fuzzsaw. I started playing with it some more, and was getting some cool fatter tones that I can never seem to get any other way with amps and OD pedals. I definitely think it will be fun over time, and when I get to try it in different combinations as a boost for other things. I also need to try to boost it with a tubescreamer.

On the plus side, the plastic seems fairly sturdy. Knobs seem solid also. The hot pink box and case still looks funny as hell, lol. Reminds me of when I was a teenager, and my prized piece of gear was a DOD Thrashmaster pedal.

mnemonic and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  6. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Reminds me of this, lol:

kindsage likes this.
  7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I would suggest using a Blues Driver. It really keeps the fatness that a tube screamer would roll off.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

Nice score. Been wanting one of these just to fool around for an early Swede / late Kurt Ballou-ish kind of chainsaw tone.