NPD-an abomination!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Nautilus, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Nautilus

Nautilus Lefty supremacist

So basically I'm waiting on an Axe II...I decided against going straight to the board as my band is just starting out. As such, I'm expecting to get some pretty awful PAs at certain venues (hence the requirement for at least a decent stage mix).

I actually got the carvin poweramp from ebay, which had the transformer replaced to a 240v model. I sanded down the entire body of the poweramp (it had seen its fair share of use), serviced the innards as much as could be done and resprayed the entire body with some heavy-duty spray to give the thing a new lease of life.
    This is it! The orange cab arrived a couple days before the power amp and I'm currently using Pod Farm 2 (with a metal pack + fx junkie addon) through a little line6UX2.
    The volume output on this thing is HUGE. The cab doesn't really drive any power till you crank the output to around 2-3 (out of 10) on the dial. I've been using KRK studio monitors to dial in my podfarm sound previously, needless to say it'll require some reworking through the celestion v30's in this baby.
    All that aside, this thing has much balls as any 100 or 150w tube head out there and I've only taken the thing up to about 1/3 of it's full volume output....[​IMG]

2. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

I actually lol'd but that is a pretty awesome setup IMO :lol:

Grats dude :metal:

Try out some free preamp sims like Lepou's Legion, Lecto, 456, and the TSE x30 and x50 if you'd like, with TSE 808 screamer sim :metal:

3. Nautilus

Nautilus Lefty supremacist

you and me both. It's a complete mash of random bits. The cab is worth more than the poweramp, laptop and I/O device put together.......

It works though. Kinda. it'll work a lot more once the axe II comes rollin' through my doors.

4. Albionic

Albionic First of the magi

Agree with wookie those lepou sims are awsome although you need a daw or vst host to run them

5. Runander

Runander SS.org Regular

That looks pretty cool. Talk about a modern setup:)

At some point I do like to just show up at gig with nothing but a laptop and see how it goes :D

6. maccayoung

maccayoung SS.org Regular

Nice man, just one thing. I wouldn't have the laptop sitting on the speaker cab. Hard drives and magnets do not mix...