NPD: 'Acoustics Can Have Pedals Too' Edition

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Bloody_Inferno, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I've already got an LR Baggs DI for my acoustic stuff, but I was eying this unit for a while thinking of doing a full intensive rig for acoustic. So I've designated my LR Baggs for emergency backup (mostly for my singer at my country gig), and grabbed this:

[​IMG]

It was either the Aura Spectrum or the Platinum Pro EQ. The latter was the only one available so I ran with it.

Sadly I only got a few minutes to play it before my body forced me into a submissive nap. But those few minutes were definitely worth the purchase. The analog preamp sounds great and there's plenty of tone shaping control that certainly helped my Ibanez AELFF. All the extra features like the tuner and compressor are always nice to have, but there's 2 things I love about the unit. It's not just designed for guitar so I'll be using this with my piezo RG and sitar as well and there's a bass option, which will be handy once I get an Ibby SRH505 (soon hopefully). The other feature I love is the effects loop so I'll be jamming my Timeline and a soon incoming Ditto X4 in the there. And maybe add the OC3 as well...

I'll try to post some short clips soon (hopefully).

NickS and technomancer like this.
  2. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Rough Clip 1 Acoustic.

Rough Clip 2 Piezo RG.

...and by rough I mean there's a few fumbles there. Sorry about that. :ugh: