[Not] New Tosin Abasi signature [maybe] in the works - Abasi Guitars[Concepts] w/[out] Frank Falbo

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Mo Jiggity

Mo Jiggity 7-string n00b

The Abasi camp has come forward with a coherent narrative and substantiating evidence. The other crew has a few people taking potshots and using weasely language devoid of context to paint Tosin in a bad light. Where are the specific refutations of anything Tosin has said?

2. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

Vague screenshots?

An eviction notice that was never actually executed?

If that's what passes as evidence, wow.

If he had a stake in Abasi Concepts, LLC (registered in Deleware), would he be able to operate under that LLC, even if Falbo Designs, LLC was suspended?

Imalwayscold likes this.
  3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

Y'all need Cthulhu

4. arsonist

arsonist SS.org Regular

I think most people are just saying that that is still more than what you have provided (i.e. nothing).

5. ElysianGuitars

You're right, slightly more than nothing is more than nothing. It's not my place to post Frank's evidence, but I do know it's out there. This level of character assassination is serious, and shouldn't only have one side of the story. I don't believe there's room for the high road with the severity of these allegations.

6. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

Y'all better shut up and consult your lawyers, man.

setsuna7 and axxessdenied like this.
  7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

Agreed.

I also want to hear "Frank's side"...and I'm running out of coffee :coffee:

ElysianGuitars likes this.
  8. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

glassmoon0fo and animalsasleader like this.
  9. Gadjet

Gadjet SS.org Regular

The longer this sh*tstorm goes on, the more both brands will get damaged. In this scenario, no one is going to win.

10. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

I'm inclined to leave the thread open, just like we've kept the Vik and BRJ threads open. Everyone has a right to give their side and to air the information openly and honestly. All parties have the right to stop doing so at any time (which may be wise).

This thread is locked as of RIGHT NOW because there's a pile of personal attacks and bullshit that need to be weeded through, and ya'll need to know that won't be tolerated. Also, if an offending post pops up, you report it, you DO NOT engage them because you make the job twice as difficult. This thread will re opened once I've had a chance to prune it. In the meantime, everyone should take a breather and rethink what they're doing on here.

jemfloral, 0rimus, Veldar and 12 others like this.
  11. Randy

Alright, deep breath everyone.

Thread's getting reopened for now, reminder again about the name calling and ad hominem. I know everybody wants to get their shots in but unless you're contributing something of value to the thread, maybe consider reading along and staying out of it or taking it to PM.

12. arsonist

arsonist SS.org Regular

You're totally right, and Frank should understand that too. This isn't a question of someone's character being judged or slandered; it's an accusation of crimes, in which case a "high road" does not exist. Imagine a thief goes on trial and in his "defense" says he'd prefer to refrain from saying anything as her prefers to "take the high road".

13. ElysianGuitars

I'd prefer not to liken Frank to a thief :flame:

Clearly some of my posts responding to specific insults have stepped over the line, thanks Randy for cleaning that up without bringing down the ban hammer. I've said more than enough in this thread, and hope that Frank does what it takes to clear his name here. I've been too personally involved in Abasi since the very start, having been the person to leak the website to Knightbrolaire at the very beginning. I've known a lot behind the scenes, and it's hard to separate my feelings on this, so I will bow out of this thread. I hope Frank's side of the story is properly told.

14. atyourlasthourrr

atyourlasthourrr SS.org Regular

I just don't understand what "evidence" can possibly even exist unless there was blatant sabotage on Tosin's end which would make no sense what so ever considering the endeavor and the fact that people were actually refunded.

Razerjack and Albake21 like this.
  15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Only thing I'll say about any of this situation is good on you for being able to realize it and bowing out instead of digging your heels in :yesway:

16. arsonist

arsonist SS.org Regular

Just to be clear: what I said was an analogy and I'd in NO way even imply that about Frank.

Solodini and ElysianGuitars like this.
  17. smoothcanvas

smoothcanvas SS.org Regular

where one door closes, another opens. I’m stoked to see where abasi concepts lands in the future.
    Agreed.

18. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

When was the last big luthier meltdown? It's always disappointing when this happens; especially with long time member of community, or individuals with a track record of actually doing good work

Just FYI dealing with shared assets, evictions, and all that stuff is just a little more complicated than going into the building after hours and taking what you funded from the other business partner. There's a reason why that stuff is usually handled by the courts, lawyers, and accountants :lol:

Solodini, RiksRiks, jemfloral and 3 others like this.
  19. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

Very true, though I'm not sure it would be better for anyone if they just let cops come and take it all.

20. Randy

I personally don't find anyone to be beyond redemption, though.

I mean, the accusations in this thread (in both directions) are especially virulent and eventually everyone will need to atone for them, but I think it's a mistake to take coming forward with an accusation as being 'bang! you're dead', you know? It was a messy relationship with a messy divorce, and we're in the midst of the worst of it. At some point, everyone's said their piece and, most likely, the lawyers will resolve this.

The thread is fine as a 'buyer beware" regarding the current situation, but I'd stop short of deciding how I feel about everyone involved, forever and always, based on what's said when everyone's feeling their worst. Good people make dumb mistakes, nice people say mean things, etc. It's a good thing to keep in mind because I get the vibe a lot of people are posturing themselves in this thread like it's a matter of 'life or death' when it isn't.