NMicroAD!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Nicki, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

Orange Micro Dark!!!

I decided to buy a smaller amp to practice with since I live in an apartment and running a 100w tube amp into a 412 isn't a practical solution for practicing. After looking at combos, I stumbled across an Anderton's video where the gist of the video was to come up with a cheap gig-worthy solution and someone suggested a micro stack for the amp. Several youtube and google searches later, I go and buy this teenie little thing. I still have yet to buy a cab for it but I'm looking into a 212 or 112 that doesn't cost a more than the Micro Dark itself. I may even end up with the Orange PPC108 even though I've heard people say it sounds like mud (if anyone has any opinions, please post them), but at $139.99 CAD, I can't really complain too much...

I plugged it in to my 412, set the Gain knob to 3 o'clock, the shape to 2 o'clock and started rolling in some volume......

Holy Satan, this thing is LOUD.

I couldn't even roll the volume past the first notch because the room was starting to reverberate. For a 20w amp head, this tiny little adorable amp head has enough balls to maul your face off and leave you looking like Chayton Littlestone from Banshee when Hood gets done with him.

IT'S SO TINY AND ADORABLE AND TERRIFYING!

[​IMG]

0rimus and MrYakob like this.
  2. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

Congrats! I love love love these little guys. I picked up a Micro Dark a few months ago as a "quiet" alternative to my Rockerverb, boy was I wrong - damn thing is just as loud at low volumes :lol:

3. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

I caved and bought the PPC108 cab for this tiny thing. The build quality on it is superb. And really, for its purpose as a practice amp, the tone from the PPC108 is very good.

I seriously can't believe I like Orange amps. I NEVER used to like Orange amps. The tone from the Micro Dark has impressed me immensely that I now have some serious GAS for a Dark Terror. I'm converted....

Anyway... here's more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dineley likes this.