Ninja Gaiden for Xbox

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Mind Riot, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Devoted seven stringer Contributor

Actually, it's only taken me about four and a half hours to get to level 12 on the second time around.

I'm looking forward to using the Dark Dragon Blade when I get there. :shred:

2. Vince

Vince Contributor

just in case you thought Ninja Gaiden was too easy...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140456

That's a link to the interview with NG's main developer. Cocky motherfucker, isn't he? Ninja Gaiden Black looks like the ultimate Xbox game. I've played the Hurricane packs (hard as hell), and I can't wait to play this game, especially the 50 mission mode.

Check out this screenshot (sorry in advance for the HUGE size)...

That's Ryu, donning his ninja costume from the original NES games, and he's fighting two of the most vicious creatures from the Hurricane Packs, the Catwomen. Those replaced the black ninjas in the Hurricane Packs, and they're the hardest "henchmen" enemies I've ever seen in a game.

[​IMG]

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

haha, that interview... What a dick. :lol:

Suddenly I want an XBox. :/

4. Mind Riot

Murai is going to have white ninjas fighting you with him? :eek:

And there's a staff and a spear in there that you get to use? New enemies? New Bosses? RAWK!!

When is this coming out?

5. Vince

Vince Contributor

September.

If you have Xbox live, you can download the expansion packs now, Hurricane pack 1 & 2, which have the Bo staff/spear weapon and many of the harder characters. NG Black will have all that plus a Master Ninja mode (very very very hard), a Ninja Dog mode (for the casual gamer), and 50 stand-alone separate missions.

I've got both Hurricane packs, and they are damn hard. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through Hurricane pack 1 right now. HP1 is the entire Ninja Gaiden game, only harder. No bat-tricks, every item/combo is insanely high-priced, and the enemies are sadistic. Having said that, I've made my way to the Monastery. The flying creatures in the Monastery are killing me now. In the normal, hard, or very hard modes, you can usually flying sparrow right into them a few times and kill them. in HP1, they dodge the flying sparrow, and follow up with a swing of their weapon, so you have to find a new way to kill them. Not just that, while fighting them, you'll have those vicious catwomen to tend to, and they're really hard to beat. They're constantly blocking, and if they get ahold of you, they have a grip attack that kills 1/2 your health in 1 shot.

Hurricane Pack 2 is a re-creation of the last level from the game (The Core), only when you go into each room, the enemies are a lot harder, you have a lot less health, abilities, and ninpo, and the only save point is at the top of the Core. I haven't made it into the fiend realm in HP2 yet, but I'm trying :D

As for the new additions in NG Black, I'm looking forward to it! I have to try the Murai fight with the two ninjas there, that should be fun.

6. Mind Riot

My god, that sounds insane. I don't have Xbox live, I'm a 56k throwback. A buddy of mine has it though, I'll have to have him get his password and such so I can download the HP's onto my XBox.

Can you still play the unaltered game after you've downloaded the packs?

I'm going to have to step up to hard or very hard on the original, normal is getting pretty easy to me now. At least the non boss stuff.

So did you mean that you can't essence farm in the new packs? What, the bats just don't respawn after you leave the room or something?

7. Vince

Vince Contributor

You can still play the unaltered game after you've got the hurricane packs. Here's how they work: You go online to the Master Ninja Tournament. You download the Hurricane packs, but at first you can only play them online. Once you've reached a save point in the hurricane pack you're playing, you can save your progress to your Xbox's hard drive. From that point on, you can play offline.

So, for example, I have a save point for Hurricane Pack 1 that's right before Murai in the first level. That is a save point I will never overwrite. I suck at HP2 and have yet to reach a save point, so I have to play Hurricane Pack 2 online until I can get to the save point. Once I reach the save point, I can play from then on offline.

Make sense? I hope I explained it thoroughly.

8. Mind Riot

That makes perfect sense. I'll have to get my buddy to find all his info (password and such) so he can sign on to his Xbox live account with my Xbox so I can save it to mine.

So what about the essence farming? You mentioned that you can't do it anymore with the packs. How does that work?

9. Regor

Regor Double Edge FTW Contributor

Don't think that's going to work for you dude. Every Xbox has a unique ID that Xbox live reads. If you log into Xbox Live with a different box, I'm pretty sure they're going to catch that and do something about it (i.e. cancel the account). If you are going to try it, definately do it from the same IP address tho. Make sure to go into your Xbox and DHCP so it'll pick up the IP addy from his ISP.

Now, if you had a modded Xbox, I would think you could just go and download a game save from xbox-saves.com and upload that to your box and have the HPs. :cool:

10. Vince

Vince Contributor

mind you, I'm only at the Monastery in HP1, but so far when I've encountered bats, charging up and killing them only yields small essence orbs. I'm hoping I did it wrong or something changes by the later levels, because it'd be murder to try to buy any of the stuff in the game w/o the bat trick, as the Hurricane Pack prices are much much higher than the regular game.

11. Vince

Vince Contributor

Yo, Mindriot... I've progressed further in the Hurricane Pack 1. Apparently, the bat trick still works, but the bats only yield about 1/3rd of what they did before. I was mistaken because the essence orbs are still the small ones. The lunar (bo staff) is actually an incredible weapon once you master it. It's actually the only way to get through the monastery. The catwomen attack you at the same time as the flying enemies, and the only weapon fast enough with enough range to hit both kinds of enemies is the lunar.

I'm past Alma now, the bone dragon almost beat me, and I'm noticing the game is much harder, the bad guys have more vitality and fight in them, and the new enemies are absolutely vicious. If you can, download the hurricane packs, or get NG Black when it comes out, it's pretty fun, if a bit hard for most gamers. You have to be really really fast in some of these fights, constant combos, constantly flying around, etc. My fingers hurt today after playing about 3 hours in HP1 last night :D

12. Mind Riot

I might get Black when it comes out, but I don't think I'm quite hardcore enough to be honest. I'm more of a casual gamer. I tried playing on very hard and couldn't even get past Murai.

Been having some more fun with some other games of late. Had a couple of awesome system link parties with Halo 2, that was so fun it was just insane. I also picked up Burnout 3 and that is one of the fastest, craziest fun racing games I've ever seen. If you haven't tried it I'd recommend it.

13. Vince

Vince Contributor

Being the absolute Xbox addict I am, I just bought Ninja Gaiden Black last night.

All of the new features in the game have to be unlocked, which means you gotta play through the game once and beat it before you get the 100 mission mode (which is why I bought the game) or the hurricane packs. The graphics and feel of the game are slightly improved in the base game, though, and I'm really liking going through some of the tougher enemies with the new weapon, the Lunar. It's a super-fast spear weapon.

Anyway, just wanted to post to say I got NG Black. I'll post a further review once I get more into the added stuff :yesway: