Nightmares are the worst.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZombieLloyd, Jul 7, 2017.

1. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Hey guys. I'm having trouble sleeping. I keep thinking about the nightmare I had and I just kind of want to talk about it. So it starts with me and I guess some kind of therapist for my depression or something, we're just talking in a park when he sees another of his clients (is that the word?), who he notices is smoking weed, so he tells me he'll be back in a minute, he just needs to talk to that guy.

So I'm just sitting in the car, enjoying the cool breeze and they start arguing, I figure they're going to be a while and walk around. When I get back, the guy smoking weed starts walking up to me pretty fast, I smell the weed, and start coughing, I'm kneeling trying to stop when he picks me up and yells "It's your fault, don't tell me it's my fault!" Then he puts his burnt, almost purple hand on my face and I scream in pain, he takes let's go of my face and grabs his own, I see steam and hear him screaming. When he lets go all I see that most of his skin from the nose down is all melted.

It sounds like a bad horror story but it's seriously the worst nightmare I've ever had. All of my other nightmares have only been jump scares but this one is seriously keeping me awake. The worst part for me was actually feeling the heat from his hand. It felt like it was really happening.

2. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

Is this a recurring nightmare or a one-time occurance that's just keeping you up?

If you have nightmares frequently, it could be your bed. If your mattress is old and weak in a few spots, you might be bending your back out of shape. For me, at least, that guaranteed some fucked up dreams every night. Had to get rid of my old futon because of that.

If it's just trouble getting to sleep, try drinking a glass of wine. Always puts me out if I'm feeling anxious.

Other than that... hell, write a song about it. Could be therapeutic for you, and it's a pretty trippy story. Could make for a good psychedelic prog metal tune.

3. ZombieLloyd

This is just a one time occurrence, my reoccurring dreams are usually good dreams like spending time with my girlfriend or, more recently, playing City of Heroes.

I did think about turning it into a song, certainly has a metal vibe to it in parts. As for the mattress, it is a little worn but I do sleep quite comfortably, usually just on my side. Nightmares don't happen very often, once every year or so, maybe. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll definitely try them and see what helps.

4. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I've read a lot of threads on this site; and it sounds like you definitely need a BKP warpig or nailbomb to get your problem sorted out - They sound awesome in mahogany dreams, but I thought they sounded super heavy in my friend's nightmare, too, and it was some Chinese import dream where his penis inverted.

5. ZombieLloyd

Haha, I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

6. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

I can relate. From age 4-8 I had night terrors that disturbed my parents to hear about them. I'd regularly wake up screaming in my sleep. I still have one every once in a while.

One time, I had a dream where a secret society kidnapped, drugged, and attempted to sacrifice my little brother. It was very drawn out and extremely lifelike. My nightmares were much worse than this one at times but seldom would I remember enough of them to be disturbed during the day.

7. ZombieLloyd

This all sounds very similar to stuff that's happened to me. As a child I'd have very frequent night terrors, and I've had the dream about my brother being kidnapped. Though that was most probably because I watch Supernatural a lot haha. I've never had a dream that disturbed me all throughout the day though. This is the first dream that's kept me up all night though, I literally haven't slept since I woke up at 1:30. It's 7:45 now.

8. Ebony

Ebony Mr Sunshine

I'll share, I can relate. 4-5 years ago, I dreamed about my mother dying.

To keep the story short:

Seawise Giant (real ship, biggest oiltanker ever built) had been converted to a semi-underwater, indoor cruise-ship. Repainted from red to a light blue. 3000 passengers on board.

The ship goes down on maiden voyage, I am one of 12 survivors that managed to escape, and as the suction of the ships pulls me underwater I see the ship sinking with my mother clawing at the window with the cabin light still on, staring at me. She's still alive and inside the light is flickering and her cabin isn't flooded but I know that it will be and death awaits her. Slowly, she fades away out of sight into the darkness of the ocean.

I didn't have time to rescue her and the dream ended with me laying on a small wooden dock, soaking wet and crying whilst reading the headlines on tomorrows newspaper.
    The newspaper was in black and white for some reason, probably to keep up with the Titanic theme. :hmmm:

When I woke up I had to call my mother. Didn't have work that day, probably would have called in sick if I had, it took me the entire day to recuperate from that dream. And this comes from a guy that rarely has any vivid dreams, let alone nightmares.

9. ZombieLloyd

Damn, that's intense. I don't know how else to respond. I'd spend the day hugging my mum if I'd had that dream.

Ebony likes this.
  10. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

My dreams usually end with me dying :lol: I don't have dreams often, but whenever I do, they're almost exclusively that way. It's usually very anticlimactic too - the dream could be a really happy and long one, but then it ends with me crossing a road and getting run over by truck, really abruptly :D I've also fallen from roofs of high buildings and airplanes, drowned, choked, been shot, stabbed in the back, gotten eaten by huge octopus... you name it. I think it's gotta have something to do with my low self esteem, but I haven't really figured out what to do with it yet.

One specific nightmare I've had a couple of times is one where my wife (we're not married yet but will be in a couple of weeks) cheats on me. I come home from work and hear moaning from the bedroom. That one also ends with me dying though, in one occurence I went outside to wait for the guy to come out but got run over by a neighbor, another time the guy managed to sneak up behind me and hit me in the back of the head with an axe (I keep a wood splitting axe near the door, because there's no proper place for it anywhere else, so that's how I figured it was an axe). I have no reason to think my wife would cheat on me, but the thought is devastating. I also never see the guy she does it with properly.

I don't sleep well in general and even less now, thanks to my daughter... She usually wakes up once or twice every night and I just find her pacifier for her and put her back to bed. Takes less than a minute usually, but it's enough to interrupt my sleeping. My wife sleeps so deeply, she doesn't usually wake up at all, but I always do. Better that way though, because if she sleeps less than 6h a night, she's like a pissed off zombie all day :lol:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    ZombieLloyd likes this.
  11. ZombieLloyd

I've never had a dream where I've been killed. I've been hunted by a secret government agency a couple of times, but they've never caught me haha. I don't have dreams very often either. When I do dream I either dream of cuddling my girlfriend or it's completely random. Before I had a girlfriend though, I'd dream of watching lesbians have sex. Those dreams were fun haha. I did have one dream, when I'd been watching the trails for the Jaws Unleashed video game, where the shark was calling me and telling me to come into the water.

I've not dreamt of my girlfriend cheating on me, I've dreamed about cheating on her though. Which is strange because I'd never actually do that, she's literally my perfect partner and I'd rather lose my ability to play guitar than be with someone else. Luckily, she feels the same way about me. It's kind of funny that you end up dying in that dream, almost The Shining style.

I honestly don't sleep well either, it takes me forever to get to sleep and when I do it's usually only for a few hours, then I need to get a drink because my mouth is dry, go back to sleep and repeat until it's time to go to work. I hope your wedding ceremony goes well!

12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

There's a good title for a build thread if I've ever heard one.

The only sort of recurring nightmare I can remember is pretty tame/boring compared to these. Basically there's a big hole dug in the ground that I've fallen into for some reason (a trap?), and there's people walking by who don't notice I'm there. When I try to yell to them, there's no sound. Odd.

I do really like the idea of dreams becoming songs though.

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  13. ZombieLloyd

Yeah, that sounds like a really cool idea. I wish I could write good lyrics, I'd totally turn the dream into a song if I could.

14. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

It also describes every mahogany tonewood post I see concerning those heavy Chinese boards some marketing people started getting away with calling "mahogany" thirty years ago. Even the guys who were going to regurgitate the same BKP prescription regardless of the tonewood culprit seem to believe that every part of each tree in the "species" a guitar is marketed as being is the not only the same density, but has the same grain and water distribution.

15. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

I have some recurring "Style" of nightmares every couple of months
    The "story" tends to change most of the time but its always something/someone dragging me around/beating me and I can't move
    The beings have been either shadow/dark creatures, zombies, apparitions in houses, aliens...dunno wierd shit
    My friends bother me saying that that's what I get for listening to metal music haha
    I believe its some sort of sleep paralysis-nightmare mix since I feel helpless/motionless in those.I try screaming in them but no sounds comes out too
    I always wake up sweating and scared to the point that I've had to turn on the light to go back to sleep haha