NHL 2015-2016: Expansion! 3 on 3 OT! Coaches Challenge!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Sofos, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Pav

Pav ???

I like it. He's a veteran forward that we've lacked since Bill Guerin and I don't mind giving Sundqvist another year to develope. More than anything atm we need depth and he adds it.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Looks like the Sharks found a new coach in DeBoer. Interesting to see how a coach from the East (and specifically a Defensive team like the Devils) does in the Western conference.

It also seems like Jones is taking the starter spot now that Nemo is on the Stars. He was a solid backup with the Kings in his debut but last season wasn't as hot. Seems like real quick to give him a start in his 3rd season but I hope it works out for him.

3. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

The hype train is rollin hard...

5. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Quebec advance to step 3 in the process to get a new team.

Stoked I am

6. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Bruins extend a Tryout deal to Gustavsson. Hope it works out and he gets the backup job, always liked him when he's on his game.

7. RustInPeace

8. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

9. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Chicago and the NHL are handling the Kane situation worse than the NFL did Deflategate. Voynov accused of assault? Ban him from the league forever. Kane accused of rape? "He's innocent and we will not punish him in any way"

I hope one of Zac Rinaldo, Matt Cooke, or John Scott just completely demolish him early in the season. Suspend him their own way. He is scum

10. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Well Voynov was not accused of assault, he was arrested and pled no contest to the reduced assault charges. When he was arrested the NHL suspended him indefinitely. He isn't banned from the NHL either. After his 90 sentence he got snatched by ICE and detained. They were going to pull his Visa and deport him. But due to the Kings intention of voiding his contract, he decided to leave on his own before any of that could happen. I doubt he would ever get a Visa again, so he may as well be banned.

I think the Blackhawks should have at least asked Kane to stay away from the team until they figure this out. But they are kind of in a tough position because he has not been charged with anything as of yet.

11. RustInPeace

^^ I think once there are charges, if any, something will happen.

12. Pav

Pav ???

I'm still wondering what will come of the Kings terminating Mike Richards' contract and the grievance he filed in response. Probably nothing interesting unfortunately.

13. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

I just wish they would at least TRY and look unbiased. They are so sure of themselves and that Kane is innocent. Let me ask you this, if he was so innocent, why are there settlement talks going on? Something must have happened, if not full rape, at least assault or sexual harassment or something

14. Pav

Pav ???

Clearly something happened or this would be wrapping up by now. Kane could have just paid her an undefined amount of money to shut up. But the way things are dragging on tells me Patrick Kane pissed off someone who isn't willing to roll over and take it like a NY cab driver. I understand that the situation is complicated, will take time and is still in the early stages...but the way the Hawks announced Kane would be at camp and essentially tried to ignore what's happening seems a little irresponsible. We've seen plenty of teams ready and willing to cut ties with anyone that reflects poorly on their team or the franchise but the Blackhawks seem like they're gearing up to weather the PR storm and the potential backlash.

15. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Today I went to the Canadien's intra-team practice scrimmage at the Bell Center.

They played the end of the 3rd period 3-on-3 to show off the new overtime rules and I have to say: I was surprisingly, extremely dissapointed by the dynamics.

16. Pav

Pav ???

^ Why is that? What was disappointing about it? Did it just feel like 5 minutes of pond hockey tacked onto an NHL game?

17. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Pretty much that. Because there is so much open ice, its very easy for any given player to hold onto the puck and skate in circles. Defense would typically adopt a man-to-man coverage, so unless the puck carrier fumbles, makes for boring cycle play without much getting generated.

At least with 4-on-4, the two defensemen would cradle the puck and create waves of offence.

18. RustInPeace

Ive always been in the camp to change the point system instead of the way overtime is played. Make a regulation win worth 3 points, overtime win worth 2 and loss 1. Have a reason to get the win with the extra point, that will generate more offence!

19. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

I'm in the "Every win is 2 pts, every loss is 0 pts" camp. Whether it's OT or SO or regulation, doesn't matter. You lose? You get jack. I bet we'd see a lot of teams busting serious ass out there in the last few minutes of a tie game. No floaters in OT going "well we got a point" and everyone in the shootout would actually try rather than just skate up and shoot like it's an early morning practice

20. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Lol, I just saw this. The number one is too funny. That is maybe the most embarrassing play in NHL history by the worst #1 overall pick in NHL history. Hot-dogging on the empty net is shameful in beer league let alone the NHL.

Another one of my favorites on the empty net.